Do you mind if Mylotters or other sites know your real life name?

@kynni204 (2032)
My husband was prying on one of my massages. He saw somewhere I had revealed my real name and had a fit!! Whats the big deal? Do you see this possing a problem? Have you had any internet stalkers bothering you?
@barnkinney (1343)
i'm really afraid of stalkers, but i don't have any problems telling my real name. but i don't reveal my real name if it's not necessary.
@kynni204 (2032)
Can't blame u
@charms88 (7546)
I never revealed my real name to anyone. Eventhough, it is only a name, we will never know if the person you're talking to gave you a real or a fake one. Besides, this is a virtual world and anyone can easily access our identity. I am also a very private bunny by nature. My username is enough for them to identify me.
@kynni204 (2032)
That's true identy is not hard to get, but you can protect it as much as you can.
@foxyfire33 (10017)
I don't use my real name and I rarely share it, even privately, with "friends". One reason is that I don't care for it. Another is that I'm most likely the only one with it in a few hundred mile radius of here. I've had a lot of bad luck with friends and family back stabbing me because of rumors, I'd be unhappy if I unknowingly ran into one of them online. It's not as though I share "secret" things online of course, I just like having some control over what those around me know. I don't think I've had an actual stalker but I did have a problem once. I used another forum and had gotten quite comfortable. I revealed a piece of personal information not knowing someone there had figured out who I was. In less than a week my whole family, all my friends and many others had been informed but no one would say who they first heard it from. Many bad rumors were spawned from that one and my sisters don't speak to me nor do most of my friends. What is frustrating is that the original "fact" was a good thing, just something no one else agreed with. The rest were just disgusting lies.
@kynni204 (2032)
We do have to be careful to whom we reveal things to
@Stiffler07 (1356)
No harm in my opinion can come from it, as long as you don't give out any other personal info. I would give my name to an online friend if they requested it. Although your husband might be making a big deal out of it in your eyes, he is just playing it safe. Or he might be a little jealous ....LOL:-) you know him better then anyone.
@kynni204 (2032)
Yeah I know he is a lil jealous. Sounds like it huh?
It's ok, that means he knows what he has:-)
i don't mind posting my real name on any website. as you can see, i have my name displayed together with my avatar/picture. and i don't think that there is nothing wrong about that. there is no need to hide your real persona, unless you are one of those who don't like your name.
@kynni204 (2032)
O.k Brandon. I don't think that there is any harm in a name. People can't do too much with your name.
thank you for choosing me as your best response.. keep on posting those good discussions of yours. =) peace out!
I've never displayed my real name on the internet and never will. It's not fear of anything, just an intense need for privacy. I've never posted my picture, either, or put down my real birthdate. I can understand that people have different reasons for showing their name or not showing it--to each his own.
@kynni204 (2032)
Some of us need privacy.
@mrkbrynt (159)
i dont mind.... my name is ryan vanguardia from philippines.... hi!!!!
@vanities (11336)
• Davao, Philippines
nope it does not bother me at all..unless you got stalkers lol..but we must still be very careful here i think..who knows what other people can do to taht name..
@bad1981 (799)
Nope I dont see it as a big deal, people can find them out anyways. So whats the difference.
@samson1967 (7424)
I always use my real name at internet. I feel proud to announce my name, unlike others who keep their real name as a secret.