Best vacation spot where you live?

My husband and I are always looking for new and exciting places to take vacations. Sometimes our vacations include the kids and sometimes we just go by ourselves. Tell me where the best place in your state (or where you live) is to take a vacation and why? Please include Hotel recommendations and whether this would be good for kids or not.
Hi, Well I l ive in Scotland, which above England and part of the UK. I live in the biggest city here called Glasgow, which has about 500,000 people in it. Scotland is gorgeous, once you get outside the city it si green with rolling hills and we have plenty of lochs and mountains. The place I am recommending to you is Loch Lomond. You ahve probably heard the song "The Bonny Bonny banks of Loch Lomond" I have got a link for you to have a look at http://guide.visitscotland.com/vs/guide/5,en,SCH1/objectId,RGN114vs,curr,GBP,season,at1,selectedEntry,home/home.html It is the official site for visiting scotland. From here you can travel to many of our small towns and tourist attactions. Inverness where you can go to Loch Ness is about 3 hours away. Driving up the coast of Scotland would definately be the most scenic view. This would be a very "getting with nature" holiday. Windy and possibly rainy, but we have been having great weather the last few days. The views you would se would blow you away. I would just recommend you staying in a samll B&B. There are plenty that are lovely and family run but if you were wanting to go for something more expensive then keep your eyes peeled for Cameron House which is on Loch Lomond. Remember that here is it sterling that is used. $2 is £1 roughly.
Wow, how cool! I used to live in Alconbury, England when I was a little girl. My dad was in the Air Force and is now retired. I miss it! I was 8 years old when we moved to the US. But I still remember it. England is a very beautiful country and I would give anything to go back and visit. I have never been to Scotland but if it is a beautiful as England then I know I would be in heaven.
@billyboi (47)
try checking out Boracay- that's in the Phils. My friends said it's really nice there.
In the Philippines, if you love the beach especially during summer, I recommend Palawan - known for white sand beaches and unexploited coastlines, also there's Boracay island, it is one of the countries most popular tourists destinations, you will enjoy windsurfing, kiteboarding/kitesurfing and of course snorkling.
@321633wy (1795)
My suggestion is "Traverse City" in Michigan State Where you can enjoy the beautiful lake michigan beach along all the different beautiful hotel,water sport,boat tours amd more,,, Other then that ,Travers City is famouse with cherry " HOME MADE STYLE CHERRY PIE" is YUmmy...Yumm..Yumm.
I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. If you like the great outdoors, I would suggest driving along the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island in the fall. The highway has been rated one of the best driving experiences in the world. It has twists and turns up and around the cliffs overlooking the ocean. And in the fall, the autumn leaves are spectacular. If you have children who are prone to car sickness, I would leave them home! :D
@mrsbrian (1951)
I would suggest Stowe Vermont with or with out the kids it is a great vacation spot, winter or summer.There are beautifull mountains and many things to do it would be hard to list them all here.You could stay here a week or more sightseeing and not see all there is to see.There is a wonderfull hotel right in the heart of town called Green Mountain inn, or if you want there are many resorts and time shares.Check it out on the internet just go to Stowe,vermont.com for lots of info.
@TDonald (1423)
New York's Finger Lake Region. Boating, fishing, camping, wineries, museums, Watkins Glen races.