What was your favorite childhood vacation

@makingpots (11922)
Do you have that one family vacation that stands out as your all-time favorite vacation? Why does it stick with you? I do. But I'm not sure it should really count. It was actually a church youth group trip but my parents chaperoned. We went to the mountains and skied. It sticks out in my memory for so many reasons. It was my first time to ski. We stayed in the most awesome hotel, definitely the best in town high in the mountain with great views (my family would have been at the bottom of the mountain, saving money at a lesser hotel). But I think the reason it really sticks out is because we never actually went to nice vaction spots. We always lived away from family so vacation time was spent going home to visit. I want to be careful to not do that to my son.
Hands down, it was going to Worlds of Fun! I love that place. Of course it is the only amusement park I have ever been to, even yet. I love roller coaster and going on rides that are so much bigger than you. It was one of the most exciting things I've ever done. I have been there at least two times. The second time when I was in college and still I felt like a kid in a candy store. It was so much fun. We don't go on big vacations much either. Mostly that time is to go visit family. And that's okay.
@makingpots (11922)
Sounds like fun!!