Neti Pot

@Trace86 (5043)
I keep seeing this eBay ad for a Neti Pot above my discussions/ responses. It says "Neti Pot, Allergies and Sinuses" How are you supposed to use this? I hope to heaven it is not for pouring water up your nose. That would certainly not be pleasant. Any one own one? Ever used one? Have any idea why one would want to?
@fpd1955 (2075)
I can't imagine having to pour water up my nose for my allergies. I think I will just stick to my saline nasal spray and allergy meds.
Sorry to break it to ya but yep, it's for pouring water up your nose! I haven't tried it but there's actually quite a few videos showing people using it on YouTube if you can stomach watching it. Supposedly it's really wonderful for cleaning out your sinuses and keeping everything healthy and open.
@Trace86 (5043)
I was afraid you were going to say that. How gross is that? Like being in the swimming pool and mistakenly taking a breath through your nose.
LOL I know! It sounds bizarre to me too but if I take away the "ew" factor in it the idea has merit! It's not like when you accidently get water up your nose in the pool, as I understand it, though. In the pool you usually choke on the water some because it goes down your windpipe and it burns like crazy because of all the pool chemicals. Supposedly the point to the neti pot is that the liquid only goes in your nose and sinuses and you can buy something or another to go in the water which makes it...I dunno exactly but cleanses without burning. Dangit! See now I'm going to have to try it one day so I can speak from a more sure and educated standpoint but I'm not all that interested in actually doing it! LOL
@Lydia1901 (16354)
Well, that is just a good one. I haven't seen it myself before, so I have no idea what would anyone use it for at all.