Asiatic Lilies

Asiatic Lily - Taken April 15th Sunday
@webeishere (36353)
As of late I've been doing the typical spring talk here. Mostly about my flower beds. Well I took a picture Sunday of my largest Asiatic Lily sprouting up from the ground. I can't recall all the colors of Lilies I have. But I know I have Peach ones and a couple rose colored ones. Anyhow I counted them and have a total of 36 popping through the ground for sun & nourishment. I am excited to see them once again this year. I do not add food not fertilizer to any area of my garden either which is why it's exciting to see the flowers sptout up. I also seeded them so I will have many more in the very front of my house next year I hope. Thanks for taking time to read my discussion. Also thanks for viwewing the attached picture. Happy gardening to all gardeners here. May your graden grow full & cheery too. That sounded corny but why not. Hahahaha. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@luzamper (1360)
Flowers - Water hyacinth.
I appreciate your love for flowers and gardening. It's really nice to be surrounded by assorted colored beautiful flowers. They make us feel happy and take away any sadness from our hearts. I have but few flowering plants in front of our house.
@webeishere (36353)
My Lilies - Friday 4-27-07
Taken this morning. Friday 4-27-07 There are over 40 Lilies here. Some in clumps of 4 or more. I can't wait for them to flower. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@jennybianca (12914)
It really is a quite spectacular looking flower Bob. And if you have 36 of them sprouting, your garden is going to be a lovely site. When they are all up, can you take a photo of the whole lot in one shot? I don't know if Asiastic Lillies grow here? Possibly the climate is too hot, and of course, not enough rain. What kind of soil do you have? My soil is sandy, & it is on a slope. We have made big efforts with mulching. The water people sent a copy of a website to us yesterday, that hopefully show what plants are drought tolerant for my area. It is probably the only way to go at the moment.
@webeishere (36353)
Oh I'll be taking plenty of pictures./ Hahahahaha!They need water so if it gets too dry the wilt easily. The soil is basic black soil. I added 40 pounds of a manure,compost mixture when I first planted them. Nothing since. I just water them and stake them is all. They get almost 2 feet tall also. Thanks for the response also.
The asiatic lily is beautiful Grandpa Bob. I wish I could be that patient and industrious as you to plant so much beautiful plants. My dad does the gardening more. And he also loves flowers and especially fruit bearing tree. I'll chech on your compost discussion too later. Because it is very useful. Thank you for the beautiful picture too. It's awesome! Have a nice day! (^^,)
@webeishere (36353)
industrious? Me? HAH! Now that's funny. Anyhow I have to make sure this fall that I dig them up splitting them and spreading them out along a wider area as they are taking over one spot right now. I forgot to do it last fall. So thats why I asked if it was me you referred to in the first sentance. HAHAHA. Thanks for the response also.
@raijin (10373)
We have lilies hre too GrandPA, but I don't know how to take care of it. My mother was the one busy tending for it, flowers are not yet popping, so I guess it takes more time for it to bloom. But if you give me some tips about taking care of it, that would be really good!;)LoL Because I'm also fond of growing flora's in our garden, it gives me a comfortable feeling of being one with nature and adds more beauty that enchants me all the time I look at them. Thanks for sharing GrandPa, I guess you got a very lucky green thumb!;)
@dixielol (1581)
Wow, you have pretty flowers. I planted some a few weeks ago. I planted about 30 differant plants. ( a few differant varieties) but so far only 4 of them has come up. They dont have a flower yet. There only a few inches tall. I got so excited when I seen them, I ran in & called my mom. Cant wait untill they get big & bloom.
@someonesmom (5765)
Your lilies must be so beautiful, as are all of your plants. I haven't thought so much about gardening in many years, so you've inspired me, Grandpa Bob. Unfortunately, I DO NOT have a green thumb 'at all,' as I believe I've mentioned previously to you. My mom used to have such gorgeous flowers etc., with Lily of the Valley, Hyacinths etc. in the spring. I do love flowers, and especially pansies, but I can't get things to grow. I even kill any houseplants I have.:(
@webeishere (36353)
Yellow brown Combo - I love all my Pansys as well
Well seeing ya like Pansy's heres a shot of some of mine I have growing. Enjoy. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
What a nice thing to do Grandpa Bob! Now, if I could only transplant some of them into my garden (haha). Thanks again.:)