Who Loves Thrift Stores???

@breepeace (3028)
I'm such a freak when it comes to thrift stores. There's one near my house and I go once a week looking for 'treasures'. I got this really cute winter jacket (it was almost brand new!) last week for $5, a few small fish tanks and a pair of cute sandals for spring. Who else loves thrift stores? What's the best thing you've ever found? I once found a pair of brown pants that fit me perfectly, made my legs look long and my bum look good.. they lasted years before I finally wore them out, too. If I recall they cost me $3.50.
@KarenO52 (2951)
I love thrift stores too. I found a denim skirt from LL Bean that looked new for $4.00. I also found a brand new pair of jeans for the same price, that I sold on Ebay for $30.00. That was so much fun. There's a thrift shop that's not very close to my house, but they have good quality items for a fraction of the price. I go there every so often, and I usually find either something for myself, or something to sell. They usually have sales items that are marked down even more. I like to get shoes, handbags, and jackets there.
@Willowlady (10666)
We have thrift stores and hold on to your shorts!!! A free clothing bank. They have so much stuff that anyone can go in and take what they can use. They have books, magazines, shoes, and household things and toys. The selection is pretty good and now they limit eveyone to one visit a week. Our thrift stores you have to watch for the deals, the built a new building for one of ours and I think the prices reflect that. Happy shopping.
@breepeace (3028)
Wow! That would be fantastic!
@emma412 (1156)
I am such a fan of thrist stores but I find that I really have to be in the mood. Most of the time it takes a lot of digging to find something good and sometimes I just don't have the patience! I have found some awesome practicaly brand new clothes at thrift stores. I think my best find was a hook rack that had hideous pictures in it. It was $2 and all I did was pop out the ugly pictures and add my own and it's absolutely beautiful, I get comments on it all the time. I just had a baby and have discovered kid's consignment shops. The things there are in excellent condition and I find myself spending much more money than I should but it's such a great deal! The only brand new items my baby has are the ones that other people have bought for me.
@lightningMD (5937)
I love thrift stores too. I buy alot of our clothing at them. I think my best buy was a beautiful oak baby crib. I paid 20.00 for. It was like brand new. The new ones like it were around 200.00. I love our local Salvation Army. I like knowing the profits are going to a good cause.
@Michele21 (3095)
I love them!! It is great to find stuff that you want/need for a great price!!
When I was in college, I used to go to a book thrift shop to find books. If I cannot find one, I will buy it in the bookstore. Being practical is an option for not spending money with high price of new books.