what should their punishment be

@deebomb (15323)
These two boys should have to spend every day with 2 year old Peyton Potochney, who will be in the hospital several weeks recovering from the 2ed and 3ed degree burns that he suffers from going down a slide that these two put industrial strength drain cleaner containing a high concentration of sulfuric acid on. They are charged with reckless endangerment and second-degree burglary and released to their parents. If they had to spend every minute in the hospital with the little boy they would have to watch him suffer and they would see what their fun has done.
@KrauseHome (34982)
Well, unfortunately, we are not the Judge, or the ones to decide what Punishment should be done to people when they do something wrong. But your idea does sound like one they would learn from better than being put in Juvy, etc. This might wake them up, and help change their lives some to where they become Good adults. But I am sure unless it was a deliberate thought out act, maybe they never realized what could happen. But then if they did maybe this kind of Punishment would never effect them either? Who really knows?
@bobmnu (8160)
For a while that would work but then the boys might start to make fun of him. I would suggest that they boys spend one weekend a month cleaning up the playground and the equiptment with parental supervision. If the parents don't then let them spend the weekend in jail for failing to supervise their children.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
Gee deebomb, I hadn't heard about this on the news. How absolutely horrible! I don't know what age those boys are, but no matter what their age, I agree with you...they should see the pain they caused to that poor little toddler. Even with the other charges, just releasing them to their parents doesn't seem stiff enough. What ever is this world coming to?!
@deebomb (15323)
When I went to post a comment to bobmnu I decided to recheck the article and see what the ages of the boys were because I thought that they possibly did not know just how bad the consequences could be.. 16 year old boys can be so stupid when they get with other teenage boys.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
Thanks so much for hunting that up. Geez, 16...definitely old enough to know better for sure. What a sad commentary on how some of our youth are today, isn't it?! Since they're older, I think they should do community service in a burn center, to see what real human suffering is really all about. At 16 they should have known what a cruel act they were doing to some innocent little kid. I'm still horrified everytime I think about this. Thanks for the info.
@Polly1 (12650)
Oh my, that poor little boy. Those other two boys should have to see what the little boy has to go thru. It might teach them a valuable lesson.
@deebomb (15323)
That's what I thought too.
The Bible says "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." Perhaps that is a little harsh, or maybe not. I agree whole-heartedly that these two boys should suffer if not physically then definitely mentally as they should spend many months or years in some type of alternative school or type of prison.
@deebomb (15323)
I think that just maybe seeing this baby going through the pain he will suffer as as they try to keep the infection down and the baths he will have to remove the burned skin will teach them something.