In your opinion has...

@mjsdls (1840)
freedom of speech gone to far these days. Also the press I think has gone to far in a lot of issues. I think they went to far has to report everything that goes on here in America. Other counties grab a hold of things being printed and on the news and know all about us. That's why it is so easy for the terrorist to attack us, they know all about us. What do you think?
@winterose (39917)
your father's generation gave their lives for freedom of speech and a free country. I would not want to live in a country where I did not know what sneaky things they were up to or if I opened my mouth I could get killed. Nope I don't think freedom of speech goes too far it is a right and one that was paid in blood.
@byfaithonly (10716)
I agree with you, I can't imagine living in fear of saying something that could get me killed.
@jennybianca (12914)
I support Freedom of Speech. But some people think freedom of speach means they can say anything without regard to offence, race, religion, etc. Freedom of speech does not mean one can abuse other people or defame them. It does not mean one can make remarks that incite violence. There are laws in Australia for all of the above, & they need to be rigorously enforced to make sure people do not abuse the right of freedom of speech.
@byfaithonly (10716)
I totally agree in freedom of speech and freedom of the press but I think the individuals or organizations need to use some common sense also. I do think there are times that the news gives too much information. True situation, I have a son serving in the USAF. Every time he is 'shipped out' I receive the 30 second phone call, "Mom this is the number to call if there is an emergancy, I can't tell you where I'm going, I love you bye"... He couldn't tell me where he was going for "National Security" reasons. He couldn't tell his own mother, who also has a top secret security clearance yet 1 hour on the internet and Mom figured out where he was! There is something wrong there!
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Yeah I think so too. To many people over here in the United States talking and like you said using the freedom of speech that sould be kept quiet.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
I think it is a little but that is to be expected when it is that way. So, I guess we can try to live with that and just try to not reveal too much about ourselves, if it is going to come back and hurt us somehow.