Do you shop at Walmart?

Wal-Mart Supercenter - Wal-Mart Supercenter Always Low Prices
Some people like Walmart, some don't. I'd like to know what you think about Wally World. Good, bad, indifferent. Also, if you do shop at Wal-Mart, is it a supercenter?
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I like Walmart but I know the custmor service isn't the same as it once was. I mean the employees there or at least at the Super Walmart in my town can be rude at times.
It seems like Walart isn't as concerned about customer service any more. I think that may be because it costs a lot of money in time, hiring good managers that demand a decent salary, etc. in order to provide it. Now, the service is less than before, but I guess sometimes we have to trade off for shopping convenience and low prices.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
That is true and I understand because I worked there before it became Super Walmart. I worked in the Shoe depart for four years.
@speakeasy (4215)
Yes, I admit it. I shop at WalMart. We do not have a Supercenter yet, they are just starting to build one and it is supposed to open the first part of 2008. I like to shop there. It is on my way to work, so I can stop on my way to work, before it gets crowded. The prices and selection are good. I know all the people that work there and they know me - we are literally on a first name basis. I do not necesarily like their "politics" and some of their "practices"; but, they probably would not like mine either so we are even. We "agree to disagree" and we both benefit.
That sounds like a good attitude. I don't think Wal-Mart is as bad as some people think, I bet it just gets exaggerated because of politics. Still, they do have some issues... Just wait until you get your supercenter. You'll love being able to get everything all in one stop and the newer centers are huge! Thanks for your input.
I do shop at Walmart. The one in my town has just become a supercenter and I think that is great. Now, I only have to make one stop to get everything that I need at a reasonable price. I have noticed that my walmart is cutting down on their craft items and that concerns me. I have heard rumors that they are going to delete the craft center there. I would have to drive another 30 miles to get to a craft store! tdbrower1969
They are remodeling the supercenter near me and they are cutting out a lot of products. In some cases, they are simply cutting down on the number of brands of a product available. I don't think they'll cut craft supplies out altogether since they are big sellers, but there may be a move to limit craft items. It seems that there is a lot less craft stuff at the Wal-Mart near me than there was previously as well. Thanks for commenting.
I don't like walmart at all. I don't like shopping there unless i have to. i don't like the service or the customers but I used to work there and I don't like the way the employees are treated(I 'm not the only one either as I believe walmart has 70+ lawsuits against them)I much prefer target.It's much classier and the prices quite affordable
I have heard that once you work there you never want to go back. The service varies at the store near me, from very nice people to some who are quite rude or just plain lazy.
@OURDEW (4812)
Walmart is my store. I go there a couple times a week. It's close to my house so if I need something I go to Walmart. Mine isn't a supercenter. I wish it was. There is a supercenter not too far away. Do you shop at Walmart?
It is handy. I do shop at Wal-mart, yes. The one near me is a supercenter but not as new or large as some of the ones in the surrounding areas.
I shop at Walmart all the time. We have a supercenter where I am so it's good. I get everything under one roof but it's bad to go there on weekends, just after pay days or towards holidays. The traffic and lines are crazy. I like shopping there during the day when there's not so many people around. I like the convenience it offers. I don't have to go to 3 different places to get the stuff I want. Also, you can't beat the prices. Sometimes, the quality of some of the stuff is not so good. But you get what you pay for, I guess. I wish I can shop at "higher class" places but beggers can't be choosers. LOL!!
You make some good points. Some of the stuff isn't the best but I do their quality has improved in many areas. I do hate the lines, although I try to shop early or late to get in and out. It's great to get everything under one roof when you have kids. The first time I ever heard of a supercenter, I said to myself, "I'm there!"
I do most of my shopping at WalMart. Living on a fixed income, it is a necessity. I can't afford the high prices of other places.
There are some good deals, especially when Wal-Mart runs a sale. Do you have a supercenter and buy food there too? Ours is a supercenter. I guess you could say my shopping there is also partly due to necessity since it's the only major store in the area.