A Family Treasure Memory Making

@kathy77 (7488)
Australia
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. Fudge may not always agree with you but finding your fudge box empty is a whole lot worse than putting up with a few upsets from time to time. Here are three sweet treats to ensure your box of fudge lasts forever. First Birthday Build a time capsule and invite your guests to add a special note. Choose a pretty tin or box and place it where everyone can easily access it during the party. Provide pens and acid-free paper for the special notes that your baby will read when he or she is older. Provide a list of topic starters to make it easy: My hopes and dreams for you are... How you've touched my life. How I met your parents. I love you because... Seal the time capsule and store it to be opened on his or her 18th birthday.
I think this is a wonderful Idea and that we could all implement these things at such special occasions I think a wedding would be a great time for it as well or a graduation. Thanks for the wonderful Idea.
@byfaithonly (10716)
That is a great idea - wedding shower or reception do the same thing and then the couple open on a designated anniversary such as 1st, 5th, 10th something like that. Or how about 1st day of school and then have them open it on their graduation day. There are really endless ideas that could stem from this.
@byfaithonly (10716)
Oh what a wonderful idea, I wish I had this idea when my kids were little. I am certainly going to save it for grandchildren to come. Is also a great tip for my ladies newsletter if you don't mind my using it.
You could also do it for graduations or weddings.
@raydene (9874)
Kathy,That is such a smart idea.I'm going to suggest that to my kids for the grandkids.What a wonderful idea. xoxo
@weemam (13377)
What a brilliant idea , I would loved to have had something like that to open on my 65th. It would be brilliant to have something like that and put pictures in and all compare what it was like years ago , brilliant idea yet again my friend xx
@kathy77 (7488)
Yes I thought it was a brillant idea as well, so I am happy that you liked it and it would of been great to have this for your birthday xx
@weemam (13377)
thank you so much pal for the brilliant idea and the best response xx