Which is more satisfying . . .

The Impact of a Drop of Water - This is an extreme close-up of the impact of a drop of water.
Which is more satisfying: drinking when you're thirsty, or eating when you're hungry? This question was borne out of the sheer ecstasy that I feel when drinking an ice-cold class of spring water on a hot summer's day, just after exercising. I always say that I'd rather glut myself on drink than on food. The human body, they say, is made up of around 60% water, so perhaps that little factoid serves as explanation.
Drinking when I'm thirsty is more satisfying, when you feel thirsty that means your body is starting to become dehydrated and thats a little more urgent than when your hungry.
Ah, yes, that's true. Being that we're mostly water, it's crucial that we maintain it!
Yes, I have noticed it, too. In fact, when we are too thirsty and we drink water, we always give that sigh of satisfaction soon after. Not so with food. We never do that.
@mailovee (265)
I was told that without food human can live for over a week while without water human can only live for a couple of days.There are some people famous for their challenge human limit can actually live for several monthes without food during that period the only thing they need is water,so water is much more important and we can get more satisfying from water.
I've heard similar stories. Some people also fast for weeks, drinking only water, but those people are very disciplined and know what they're doing. The average person probably wouldn't be able to do it for more than a few days.
drinking when thirsty.nothing like that first sip when you have cotton mouth.the air in my house can be very dry,and that's the first thing i want when i wake up-something cold :)
Oh, I know just what you mean. Sometimes, in the summer months, I wake up in the middle of the night with a horribly dry mouth and have to get up out of bed, stumble to the fridge, and take a few swigs from a bottle of Evian. :)
Drinking water when I am thirsty is more satisfying. I can drink with gusto until I feel I have had my fill. We had always been told that when we are hungry, we must take care to eat only little by little, that is, slowly. We might hurt our stomach if we do it fast. Also, we must take care that we do not get full. We must take care that we only eat enough. This is the reason why we should know the measure of our diet and, take it into consideration whenever we eat. Overeating is bad for our body and we do not notice immediately that, we already have our fill when we are hungry. Therefore, eating when we are hungry is tastiest at the first bite only. Caution will have to be observed after that first bite.
Well said! I don't remember where I read it, but I read that it takes the average person twenty minutes to realize that they're full, so eating too much too fast can be dangerous, to put it mildly.
@Modestah (11192)
Thirst is a terrible pain. It is, I think, the only time Christ cried out during His Passion - "I Thirst" nothing is as satisfying as a long cold drink of water when you are thirsty.
I hadn't thought of that, but I do believe you're right, Modestah. That lends a different light to thirst, to be sure. I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. Thank you for taking the time to respond!
@xtothez (93)
most definitely a drink of water... the reason... because if you eat after you haven't eaten in a while you will get sick. When you drink water you just feel relieved.
@kiukitsu (291)
Eating when i'm hungry. Juz because i don't drink that much. I drink lesser than the 8 glasses of water each day. I only drink about 2 glasses a day.
I thought about it and i know when im really hot..or hot outside..i dont get hungry at all..but when i get something nice and gold to drink like a orange juice,,or ice cold water,,anything ice cold for that matter..i just feel so refreshed,,but after eating i feel stuffed and bloated no matter how little i eat..so im sticking with a nice tell ice cold one!:)
• Brazil
For me, drinking when I'm thrsty.
I def. think it is more satisfying to drink when you are thirsty. I think it feels godo to drink when you are thirsty. When I am thirsty i want a drink right away, but when I'm hungry I dont need to get up and eat anything right away. If I had to choose to only consume beverages or solid food it would def. be beverages.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
That's a very interesting question! I do often feel very refreshed when drinking water, but for myself I'd have to say eating is more satisfying. Probably because while I've never lacked enough to drink, I have lacked proper food before, and part of my satisfaction with my current life is the idea that I'll never have to go hungry again. Speaking of which, I think it's time to go make lunch. =p
@jc_star10 (954)
Drinking when you are thirsty. Because the water flows into your mouth and your throat. Wow, that's felt soo good. Especially if you really thirsty and you drink some cold water. You can even feel the water flows into your body. And your eyes will have some energy come into it.
@edgar1868 (204)
I go for water. Water works well for both thirst and hunger.