Some discussions have 95 responses and some have 4......IS IT RIGHT?

guys!it makes me off when i start a discussion and get a low response even though my discussions sounds well but some discussions with no meaning or common questions get 50+ response.......why? I was just going thriugh these,that i found a common question having 95 responses..... whats the system,how do people get such large responses which most of the good questions dont.
@Gmens91 (389)
There are a lot reasons why some posts have higher responses and some do not have a single response, but I believe that part of the reason is that there are people who have a large group of friends here, and many of these friends answer every response that they post. Also, since the main reason that we are all here is to make money, answering trivial questions does indeed save time and allows you to post as many responses as you can. Deep meaning questions require deeep meaning answers, and some people simply do not have the time for it.
friends have a lot of importance there.so,people start making friends.
• Brazil
Ouch, that happens when people dont search, but merely just answer the discussions on the front page. The more people answer, the longer the discussion stays in the front page. Nevermind if its something like "Do you drink water?" Sad, isnt it. :-( -JCM-
do you drink water?.......such types of question gets large responses which a/c to me is ameaningless question.
@lornalhai (148)
I also want to know the reason, and i always get the low responses, but i trust mylot and i try my best to get more attention and more responses. And also wish you have a good luck.
thanx for the good luck and same to you,how come mylot will try there best by people giving more responses and attention to u.
@joy358 (491)
I guess that a lot of people here in mylot prefer to answer trivial discussions because it is easier to reply to one than one that is thought-provoking. So, as I have often seen here in mylot a lot of wonderful discussions are being ignored in favor of nonsense discussions. People come here to earn so they want to post as much response as possible with the shortest time possible and they are better able to do this if they just reply to nonsense discussion than if they make a well-thought response to a meaningful discussion.
very well-said. your thoughts are my thoughts also. now i realized that majority of mylotters are primarily here for the earnings while learning and friendship are just secondary. that is a FACT, who does not want to earn anyway?. Majority wants to answer trivial/life situationer/ questions because they can easily relate to them. while those questions that need more explanation and details as you said are being ignored. although there are a few who still participate to meaningful discussions.
good say......i agree with u.
if a body have 95 response and another have 4 then it is clear that the discussion started by the first one is better ..........and the topic covered in the topic was more interesting.......
seems that u r new here thats why u dont know whats exactly happening here. better or bad has no matter with responses.
@slickcut (8141)
I know and i agree with you..I supposs it is easy to answer some questions such as "do you brush your teeth"? Another reason for this is because our friends are not faithful in answering our discussions..I always answer my friends discussions if they write about something that i can understand...A lot of people just write a poem, how can you rely to a poem? I also know that there are a lot of people that live in different countries,and sometimes they post discussions that only people from their country know about...I have a lot of friends ,and when I get online i have a lot of discussions to answer.If i feel that i cannot answer a quality answer i have to move on,but i always try to answer my friends post...I always answer the friends first that answer my post...Some of my friends do not answer at all so that is a disappointment to me...I feel like that is why we have friends to help us..
quality matters than that of quantity....u write a long response but a useless one matter nothing but if u write two lines meanng much and touching others then its worth it. what more one need.
yes i also see this and one more thing which i notice is that only the same mylot users who get more responses always get huge responses for whatever questions they put on whether its meaningful or not.the same people who usually have huge responses are getting the same huge responses irrespective of the questions they pose.I don't want to hurt /blame anyone but am dumbstruck as to how this happens everytime?
got your point....famous people with great responses.
@katkat3 (426)
Hi... yeah I've been finding that 2! Either that or my discussions have absolutely no interest to anyone at all, I've found that asking silly things has alot more response. Maybe peeps are getting a bit lazy!? :0)
@shakeroo (3990)
Yes that is definitely right. You get responses if you start an interesting discussion. However, if you have a not so interesting topic to share, then most people would just ignore it and would not be bothered to respond to it. i am sure you are getting quite some responses with this discussion.
@mypeace (394)
• Nigeria
l feel the way you feel. l think some people have built popularity here and got many friends who surely responds to their discussions whether interesting or not. For me, l know l will reach there, l have made it a point of duty to start my discussion with those of my friends, l hv turned on all their notifies, with this l start responding from my email box. l would see how they will reciprocate my gesture. l have to give first then expect back from them. Cheers.
I also dont get it. The discussions that i start go onnoticed or only get a miximum of 6-7 responses. Whereas some user discussions got to as much as hundred responses. I dont know how this happens. Is there some sriteria with which your discussion will remain on the top page..??
@emjay9 (249)
you know i also have the same query. i have posted lots of discussions and only two of them gained favorable response. which means 10 or more responses compared to my other discussions which only got 3below. comparing the discussions, i realized that people tend to respond more to subtle or common questions. like the ones about my lot or preference in chocolates. the ones that are about serious topics often get no response at all. aside from that having friends also helps aside from tagging your discussion. don't be bothered, it's better to have 1 response that has meaning than have a flooded discussion that is nonsense and bears no significance at all. just keep on posting ;) sometimes you'll hit 10 or above and sometimes you get nothing. but don't be discouraged and let quality suffer.
@eshaan (6193)
Responses differ in numbers because of various reasons,I also keep wondering sometimes that why don't some of my discussions get low or no response . It is possible that greater number of friends help to get greater responses. Sometimes though the topic is good , it is already discussed by others.