Your Mylot Avatar

Angel - Avatar
What's the reason behind your avatar? Are you using your real pic? Or maybe an image? Does it have any significance to you or does it show your personality? Why did you choose or like to use it? Do you use it on other message boards too? Did you make it personally or where did you get it?
@smacksman (6076)
Mine is the Essex oyster smack Iris Mary CK105 owned by a friend of mine and a sister ship to my old smack. Built by Aldous of Brightlingsea in 1885 she is 44' on deck and 64' overall and displaces about 17 tons. No engine, no winches and great fun to sail. Hence my nic - smacksman - a person who sails on smacks. Nothing to do with Madam Fifi and her whips! haha
@smacksman (6076)
Sorry about the echo, mylot froze on me so i hit the submit button twice before the whole site aborted and I had to reload. Ho hum.
Oh, it's okay. It happens to me all the time and the hard part is I don't have 500 posts yet so I cannot copy and paste my response which is a real hassle especially when my response is really long. It's kinda frustrating sometimes.
@smacksman (6076)
Mine is the Essex oyster smack Iris Mary CK105 owned by a friend of mine and a sister ship to my old smack. Built by Aldous of Brightlingsea in 1885 she is 44' on deck and 64' overall and displaces about 17 tons. No engine, no winches and great fun to sail. Hence my nic - smacksman - a person who sails on smacks. Nothing to do with Madam Fifi and her whips! haha I use it everywhere I go.
@smacksman (6076)
Not again!! sorry folks. I spent 20 minutes putting up one post and now i see three!!
This i a pic of me, i took it on my mobile phone using the negative effect. Then found the rose in my clip art so just put it there! I quite like this picture and think its unusual! I also dont have any other pic on my pc with just me on it so i thought this one was the most appropriate lol!
That's really creative. I think it looks really cool and it looks really cute. I love the contrast and the mystery effect of it. It's unique and cool. I love your avatar. Thank you very much for your response. What program did you use for that?
it is a pic of me. i figure we are giving all this advice and help people should at least know what i look like so they know alittle more of who is saying it. i dont know that may sound nuts. we dont know each other and couldnt point each other off the street. but we listen and talk and make friends. i think we do help each other cause we dont know who each other are really and it is nice to get all the views kind of like no harm done to them or you. i use my pic cause they still couldnt pic me out in the real world ore then likely but it is more personal and seems more relaxing at least knowing alittle more about you. i guess that is why most of my post are long cause i dont just want to say this is what i think i want them to know alittle about why i say what i do. give them that other outlook.
Thank you very much for your response. Wow, that's really nice. That's one of the reasons too why I use my real picture as my avatar. I guess people here really see some part of us in our each and every post. Again, thank you very much. Take care and God bless.
@smacksman (6076)
Mine is the Essex oyster smack Iris Mary CK105 owned by a friend of mine and a sister ship to my old smack. Built by Aldous of Brightlingsea in 1885 she is 44' on deck and 64' overall. No engine, no winches and great fun to sail. Hence my nic - smacksman - a person who sails on smacks. Nothing to do with Madam Fifi and her whips! haha
Thank you very much for your response. I am sorry but I don't know much about smacks but your avatar looks nice all the same.
My avatar is a dragon, my favourite mythological creature. I would never use a photograph of myself on a public site like this, it doesn't seem to be a very good idea somehow, not very safe. I wouldn't want my picture to be seen my anyone.
Thank you very much for your response. I find dragons fascinating too. And I understand your concerns about using your real picture as your avatar. Again, thank you for your response.