If you fall asleep in front of the Tv what do you perfer is on?

@Erilyn (3020)
I ask this because my fiance thinks it is strange that I will fall asleep faster and sleep better when there is a horror movie on. I can't explain why, but then I have been a horror movie fan all my life. I have a hard time finding one that will even give me goose bumps let alone actually sacre me. If it is movie I have seen before I will fall asleep also. I can't watch something more than once without it causing a from of nacrolepsy lol. If anything else is on, I usually don't sleep well esp if it is something that has commercials. I have strange dreams then. Do you have things that will make you fall asleep easier if they are on TV? And are there things that will bother you to fall asleep to?
I can't go to sleep if there's anything on the TV. Even if it's dull and I'm exhausted, I get too wrapped up in it and distracted by it to drop off.
@waynet (2650)
You get wrapped up in dull stuff!!?
@Erilyn (3020)
That happens to me whwen I am watching the history channel. It won't be really exciting, but I seem to have to watch it till the end anyway lol.
I just have to know what happens! It's the same when I'm reading a book I'm really not getting into. I have to finish it! It's rather obsessive compulsive I suppose!
@gstitzer (104)
I used to fall asleep with the tv on every night. However recently I've found I can't sleep right durring the week if I leave it on. I get up at 5 am on the weekdays so thats probably the reason there. On the other hand I'm not comfortable on the weekends unless it's on. I'll usually find a decent movie to fall asleep to or put on the music channle it all depends on my mood
@Erilyn (3020)
I used to fall asleep with my iPod on all the time. Now I only need the TV on when we sleep in the living room. When we are in the bedroom I sleep just fine without any background noise.
@waynet (2650)
Usually something that is completely boring and daft more often than not sends me to sleep and dreaming of eating cheese! maybe snooker or sports!!
@Erilyn (3020)
Eating cheese huh? I don't think I have ever had that dream lol. I can't fall asleep during sports I get to wrapped up in esp boxing, or football, or soccer. I get louder than my fiance most times lol.
@waynet (2650)
My dream, I'd be eating cheese until I felt sick! I dont know what this dream really means but I'll just have more crazy dreams like it and wake up and write them down!
@Erilyn (3020)
When I was with my ex-husband I had a strange dream that kept reoccuring. Aliens were chasing me and turned me into a man, I had to hunt them down to get them to turn me back. The first few times I had it I had to check myself to make sure it didn't happen.
@SheliaLee (2738)
My husband loves horror movies also and sometimes we will fall asleep with one on in our bedroom, we keep a small TV on all night. But most nights we leave it turned on the USA channel and watch Law and Order episodes. We both enjoy that program, all the different series.
@Erilyn (3020)
I used to watch Law and Order, I only liked SVU though. I quit watching it when I got to the point where within the first 5 mins I knew What the show was about time and time again. I can't fall asleep to anything with commercials, I have weird dreams then.
@Augustta (1860)
• Poland
All i know is that : if i have to sleep in front at tv(and is very easy) i have to watch something very important...lol,sound weird but if is something annpying can't catch my attention and i will not fall asleep...in past my ex-husband and my daughter had to stay near me and towake me up while i was asleep at tv...lol...i can't see a movie if i am in bed...ha ha ha!...so,my answer is no matter what...but have to be interesting... augusta
@Erilyn (3020)
I have had that happen to me as well. It took me about 10 tries to get through the movie Constintine. I kept falling asleep when itried to watch it. I think I have seen all of it now but I am not so sure. I can't seem to catch it from the beginning.