What do you think of revenge?

@GuateMom (1411)
Is revenge something you would ever consider? I´m not talking about just thinking about what you want to do to an annoying person or someone who has hurt you, but actually following through? What is the best form of revenge for you? My in-laws have repeatedly caused problems with us and frequently turn off our water and electricity without warning, which has caused some problems with my computer. They are quite jealous that I have internet and believe that I am just sitting around all day. Yesterday, i got into a fight with my sister in law because she once again turned off my water while I was trying to wash dishes (we only have a couple of hours per day anyway). She told me that they didn´t want me here, that they had never asked me to live with them (although her father gave my husband the land to build on!) and that I had no right to demand anything, not even water, because I should just leave. Needless to say, this got me awfully angry and I spent the whole afternoon thinking about nasty things to do to her. But in the end, I decided that the best revenge would be to work hard, earn lots of money and prove that I am not going anywhere! So, I just got my first paycheck yesterday (perfect timing,huh?) and today I am going to buy a big load of cement block and rebar, as well as a computer chair. My next check will go toward getting my own water back here! Then I plan to buy a small washing machine. They will be so jealous! lol. What do you think? Is revenge childish or a way to deal with bad circumstances?
@KissThis (3006)
I don't consider what you are doing as revenge. What you are doing is proving to them that they are wrong about you. I would continue to work hard to prove to them that what they are saying about me isn't true. Were thye this mean to you before you married?
@GuateMom (1411)
I didn´t live with my inlaws up until 2.5 years ago (I´ve been with my husband for 4.5 years). It was an act of desperation after two rental houses in a row were sold out from under us and we couldn´t find anything in our price range. I didn´t really want to live on their land, but obviously it seemed pretty good to my husband (since it´s his family!), so this is where we ended up. We bought a bed yesterday and some building supplies and although they aren´t speaking to me, they asked my husband how he could afford it and he proudly told them that I had earned everything! :D
@massageeh (966)
• Taiwan
No one had ever done anything serious to me that makes me want to have revenge. But, my cousin who was in a gang said one of his members had revenge on a guy one year later so they don't have any idea on who killed him and why. He actually waited for one year for revenge. scary, eh.
@misheleen73 (6037)
I think your idea is perfect. When you prove the people wrong that are being so negative, they really have to go out of their way to think of something else to say. Does your husband ever talk to his family about how negatively they treat you? Have you told him all that they do to you? I would say, do your best to get your own electricity and water, that way they can't turn them off on you. That is just wrong knowing you have a little one and pregnant.
@derek_a (10902)
I have never known anybody seeking revenge to be very happy. They may have been happy for a short while, but then later they have felt miserable again as their "enemies" decided to "attack" again. What you are doing, I don't think is revenge. You are simply working harder to make a better life for yourself which can only be good. I would just simply wish my inlaws well and focus on what I wanted out of life. I know some people don't make it very easy, but it is possible and contentment comes from not wishing people harm, but wishing them the best. This is just my opinion of course. As I do not live in your place, I cannot judge so I just give you something to think about. :-)
@easy888 (10405)
I do not think revenge is childish but I think it is not a godo way to try to get even with for something.Teaking revenge may only increase the hatre bewteen the two parties and the problems cannot be resolved. I think it is better to talk and discuss with other people and you will be more tolerant to many things. When ou are in a conflict ,try to move one step backward and let big argue turn into small one ,and turn small one to nothing.