Meditating and muscle spasms.

@Kythe42 (1412)
Earlier today I was meditating and a few times I had a muscle spasm. Just all of arm sudden my right arm would jerk. I'm not really all that worried about it. I know lots of strange things can happen during meditation. I'm just wondering if anything similar to this has happened to anyone else?
@Tetchie (2933)
During meditation people often feel pain, it's part of the experience when you get into deeper states. Meditation starts to fascilitate an opening in your body of energy. It's not uncommon to get pains in all parts of the body, the upper back, legs, arms.
@Tetchie (2933)
As the word Yoga means Union and yoga being The Way, it is understood that many forms of Yoga formed to help overcome these aches and pains. There is a sanskrit word Samskara which stands for scar of the mind which creates dis-ease in the body. It is often these stuck 'issues' that need to be released in the body. Doing asanas - postures, learning to breath sufficiently and allow energy to flow will help fascilitate a better meditation. A key to these pains is to not let them stop your meditation but let them come out of the body.
@Kythe42 (1412)
Well the muscle spasms weren't painful at all, it just felt weird. I do often get headaches when I meditate though. I've been told that this is caused by too much energy building up in the 3rd eye and crown chakras. I'm working on learning how to release this energy.
@Tetchie (2933)
Thanks Kathye for best answer. Often a way to 'clean out' the Third Eye Tunnel is by using it. A bit like getting the cobwebs out, and then go for a sense of levity from the center of the head uplifting to above the head. If headaches come back, keep uplifting above the head. They are thoughts and what's called chitta that accumulates in the head, a clamping of thoughts. The enemy of all meditators!!
@gberlin (3836)
When I do not get enough sleep I sometimes get muscle spasms in my arm or one of my fingers or my eyelid.