how to prevent heat stroke this summer?

i have few words for this..1) drink lots of water atleast 8glasses a day..2) wear light clothes to have a fresh feeling...3) let the water run on your pulse for atleast 3-5mins, so that the heat in your body will come out...i know this from tv and i wanted to share it to you guyz..
@healwell (1271)
• Ahmedabad, India
There are simple home remedies: 1. Drink lots of water from morning time and when you move for out side drink enough water before leaving your place! 2. Use onion in your daily food. Perticularly you take at least 1 onion in your lunch it will provide you protection from heat sroke! 3. If you have not taken precaution and got the heat stroke than please follow this remedy: Dont drink water immediate after reaching in shelter. Take simple water in a bucket. Put one spoon salt in it and dilute, then put your leg in the bucket for 15 minutes. Now you can dring water with lime and salt or just water. If you are affected badly with sun stroke and got temprature also then just lie down. Tell who ever can help you to use thids remedy: Take colan waterin a small vessel and put small nepkin in that vassel. then put that wet nepkin around your naval area and do change the nepkin after 2 minuts. this will help to reduce the effect and one can become normal gradualy without much effects!
@tess1960 (2387)
I had never heard of the onion preventive or of putting feet in water or wet napkin on navel. I do know you get salt from drinking gator ade and hear they suggest that. Also here they will suggest sipping on water slowly and putting cool cloth to forehead. i think the cool clothe to forehead would have the same effect as wet napkin to navel. I found your response very interesting and helpful, thank you for that.
@winterose (39931)
very good info, thank you very much. I will certainly remember to do the water thing, about the wrist. I never heard of it before but it sounds wonderful.
@gemini1960 (1162)
that is a good information since now we are experiencing too much heat outside here in the philippines.
@MsTickle (25014)
By all means drink the water but otherwise try to conserve it wherever possible. Water is a precious commodity and we cannot afford to waste it. In Australia we are in the middle of a severe drought which even the cities are having problems coping with. The water levels in our dams are dangerously low. Please do not waste water.
@aprilgrl (4460)
Thanks for the information as I try to drink 8 glasses a day I throw up maybe 6 will do for me. I agree with wearing light clothing too.
Yes, that's good advice and would be applicable for people who live in the tropics as well as people who wish to travel there. I think other than what is advised here, one should also stay out of the sun as far as possible. Some people also carry umbrellas to shield themselves from the sun. You could also bring lots of iced water when you go out and make sure that you drink sips of it along the way.
@Lakota12 (42794)
also good to have a mistying system around the patio or where ever you set . It is aleast 10 degrees cooler.
• Portugal
Nice reminder. My luck (or not) is that my house is very cold. And I don't stay much time outside. And don't like beach that much too. But it is always good to take these advices in account.
@subathra (3519)
The summer has started at its peak here in chennai - India.We are really going to face some tough hot days as humidity level is too high here. I take lot of water to prevent my body from dehydration.Yes we have to wear cotton clothes and protect our eyes from sun glassess to prevent the direct sun rays affecting our eyes while going out.
@romel_ece (1290)
Thanks for sharing these valuable tips to prevent from heat stroke.It would be a great help especially that our climate here is very hot.
@deebomb (15347)
Along with all the other advise about drinking plenty of water you should also wear a large brimed hat to keep the sun off. A wet cloth around the neck can help to keep you cool.
@tess1960 (2387)
Here in Kansas, we have high humidity and so when the temp gets up and stays up in the 90's and 100's + we get precautions about the heat stroke rememdies in the newspaper and on the radio daily. One should have water with them at all times when outdoors mowing or playing. We are reminded to be mindful of the children as they can become dehydrated easily. A symptom of heat stroke is a feeling of lethargy.
• Nepal
oh baby just drink lots of water and don't forget to take mums milk ok. play alot andd take a cool bath . apart from this take a cool air at you house roof