Do you believe in unconditional love?

Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
I've often wondered if people really believe in love without conditions or requirements, that they're able to really do anything for their lover. We're often too linked to our everyday material things in order to follow our hears, not saying it's necessarily bad but i want to ask you people: do you believe in unconditional love? have you ever experienced it?
@cdparazo (5769)
I believe in unconditional love and I believe it. However, I don't believe that I could ever love unconditionally a man because it is something that I have always believed to be reciprocal. It means that such kind of love must be returned or that the other person must love you in return inorder for it to flourish. If that person denies your love, then you could not express nor nurture that love but have to focus it to another woman or man somehow. Unconditional love. i believe, only happens from parent to a child.
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Well yeah, obviously there has to be some sort of return. Even when it's parent to child, because if not, even though love remains, it's nto the same as to when there is reciprocal affection. When i say unconditional i mean loving someone so much that you are eager to fight the world for that love, no matter what you have to sacrifice...but obviously that person has to feel the same, otherwise...what's the point?
@cdparazo (5769)
Your answer reminds me of a true story wherein a man loves the woman so much that he spent his entire life serving the woman. However, in the end, the woman still went to another man whom she truly loves. When you said what's the point? There could still be a point. The man in the story just wanted to serve the woman he loves because he believes that in the end, the woman would learn to love him. It gave him hope. When the woman ended with another man, he still continue to love the woman. The point of his love is to be noble. He loved the woman enough to set her free and find her happiness with another man. Ouch! His love is the closest to being unconditional kind of love that I have seen between a man and a woman.
@add_im (2712)
There's only one love that is genuinely I can ever called unconditional love and that's the Love of God for us all. Human love can sometimes have conditions when it comes to love itself in order for them to do things for us, there should always be a payback return, so to speak.
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
It's not exactly what i was taling about in my post, but your answer is pretty valid and adds the element of unconditional love towards other things rather than other humans, so thank you for the addition hon. I think that those believers who really and trully believe must have an unconditional feeling, but i would talk more bout faith than about love...i think it's different even though each one of us has his her own opinion about it.
@ESKARENA1 (18304)
i do believe in unconditional love. I think the love of a child for its parents is unconditional. I also think love for its owner by a dog is unconditional too, but other than this, no i dont think it is blessed be
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
i agree....thanks for reply