What time of year suits you? I think I am a Spring person, who are you?

I read an article in a magazine recently about who the seasons have an effect on people. How you feel can be linked to the time of year, the way the weather changes can affect your mood. I worked out that I may well be a spring person, as I always feel low in the winter and the spring is a time of rebirth and reawakening. What do you think? Can you be affected by the time of year? Are you happiest in the summer or the winter? Do you feel alive in the spring or do you enjoy the autumn leaves? I'm curious now,
@Modestah (11192)
I really do think the seasons can have an effect on the psyche, whether positive or negative. you often hear of the winter doldrums some people get. I would have to claim autumn as my season. Just the word "Autumn" gives me snuggly pleasures. The air is invigorating, the colors are inspiring and warm. The smells are comforting. yep, I am an autumn girl through and through.
Thanks hun, I will think of you as autumn girl from now on :-)
i am most definitely an autiumn person. i love the cool, crisp weather. i love the rain that tends to fall...and i lveo everythign about the rain. i love the beautifully colored leaves. i love pumpkins. i lvoe Halloween. i love the way the sky looks. i love the smells. i lvoe that Jamba Juice has my Pumpkin SMash smoothie in the fall. i really just LOVE the fall.
I do like the colours of the autumn leaves too. Thanks for your contribution
I'm most definitely a Summer/Fall Person. Summer I love, because of the warmth of the sun, the light and how it makes everything look so much better and less dreary, and also the effect it has on people. More people are content to sit outside and smile at others and say "Hey, how ya doin' ?" Fall for me is best spent in the Mountains. The trees are turning color and the already fallen leaves are soft underfoot. The air is fresh and crisp with just a hint of coolness. It's surprising to realize that less than 2 months later they'll be covered in snow.
I must admit, I do like seeing the wonderful colours of the leaves as they fall from the trees. Thanks for your thoughts hun, much appreciated
@Sissygrl (10915)
I think the spring time is really good because you can go out without bundling all up, and the lil flower buds start to creep up out of the ground, and everything just seems alive and flourishing! Also i know that sunlight and vitamin D are really supposed to help if you suffer from depression. Up north in canada there are parts of the year that the sun does not shine for weeks at a time, its always dark, and to keep from getting depressed they wear a halo type thing so that they still get the vitamin D from the light and stuff. I've heard that anyways. I really also like fall, cause its not SO hot as summer, and its the cool breeze that cools everything down, and the BUGS ARE STARTING TO GO AWAY! lol. i hate bugs!
I love seeing the flowers appear in the Spring. I planted a load of bulbs the other year, in a pattern in my front lawn, and seeing them all in bloom is wonderful. Thanks for your comments hun
I think seasons can certainly affect your mood. I know when it's winter and I don't get the opportunity to get out much because the days are dreary and the house is closed up, it's cold and you just can't seem to get warm enough, those days affect me. I'm definately a spring person. Summer gets way too hot for me and autumn announces the coming of winter and colder months. No, I'm definately sping oriented. New life, new flowers, planting, renewal and things like that are refreshing, not to mention the house wide open. Windows open with soft gentle breezes. Yea, give me spring anytime.
Thanks hun, for your comments. It's looking like spring is a winner :-)
I love the feel, colors and smells of autumn but I don't know what kind of person that makes me. Here is the south each year I get older I like the summer less and less, it's too hot and I am too old to live on the beach the way I used too.
LOL - I've noticed the older I get the less I like scorching hot weather in the summer too. I still like the beach but not as I used to. Thanks for your contribution hun
As a matter of fact, I just had this conversation with my 19-year-old daughter yesterday. She said what you said, almost word-for-word, about the rebirth and reawakening. She and I agree that spring invigorates us. Fall is a close second for me, but not as close for her. It's at the top of my Mom's list, which she mentions almost every year. My sister and most of the guys in the family like summer best. One likes winter, but I don't think it's his favorite. He just doesn't think it's as bad as the rest of us do.
Right now we have a gorgeous red sunset and the breeze is blowing the blossom across the sky. It's good to know there are others out there who like the spring
@mrsbrian (1951)
My favorite time is spring I love to watch everything come alive after being dormit.I love to watch the flowers pop up and come to life expecially this year because we are in a new home and I have no idea what was planted here before we moved in.
Hey another spring person, hi. I hope you have settled into your new home ok, and that the gardens bring you some wonderful surprises
There are only two seasons here in the Philippines, summer and rainy. I'm not sure those are the right terms. Anyway, it's summer here now and it's oh so HOT! I don't like getting sweaty if I'm not playing badminton. In fact, I'm sick now because of the sweat that dries up on my back when I go to an airconditioned place like my office or the mall.
I don't mind when the sun shines as long as it's not too hot. Thanks for your comments
@easy888 (10405)
Hello,recycledgoth, I am a summer person,I like sunlight,when i see the sunlight and feel the warth of it,I will feel energertic and positive about everything. I like to go to the beach and have sunbath, my mmod is generally very good in the summer time. But my mood will become bad in the winter,I tend not to talk too much because I am wearing a scarf and my body will be wrapped by layers of clothes which make me uncomfortable,I will always stay at home in the winter.
Thanks for your comments and contribution hun, I've never been much for winter, and I'm glad spring is finaly here.
@mummymo (23707)
I love summer in Scotland - it may not always be roasting hot - but I burn easily anyway- but the light is brighter and longer and the kids can play out and everyone just seems to have more energy and be healthier! xxx
I spent a couple of weeks in Scotland last summer, the weather was lovely. Thanks for your words hun
@zlesing (487)
Honestly, I don't like any of the seasons in the year. In my country, the spring a good season, and many people love spring, but sometime it is very moist and foggy, and my clothes are hard to keep dry druing those days. Summer, a hot season, still have many fans. People can go to many places, and swimming is a good choose. But for me, it too hot! I don't like 'hot' at all! The sun it too sharp! Sometimes there are typhoons and flash floodings. Autumn, a cool season, not so hot or cold, the wether is good. But it's dry, not so much rain, and I don't know why I would get ill in this season. Winter, a cold season, sometimes it can reach very low degree. But in my city, it hardly can snow. Not so many people love this cold season. If I must choose, I think I will choose winter. Because you will feel very warm if you in your bed..hahaha..
@Chrqsh (71)
I think May days suit me, because I was born in Mayday.
@subha12 (18453)
in my case its winter. actually winter is really pleasant in my country. I like it. summer is too hot. most of all i hate rainy season. it makes life horrible here. Winter is so plesant here but is for very short period.
@mimpi1911 (25479)
i live in a place where its predominantly maritime climate, where summers are hot and sultry, springs and autumns are but moderately summers and winter is cool and never below 10-8C. so i am completely a winter person (trust me, winters are not freezing but comfortabe with or without heavy woollens). i can't stand sumer heat and get rashes due to the humidity that kills me. thank you. PS: Winter is my renaissance time and i get rejuvenated, even as i count it down.
@healwell (1268)
• Ahmedabad, India
I am all season's person! I like all the changes, all the seasons occurring on this earth naturally! It gives new enthusiasm, new meaning and new insights some time!
I am very much a winter person, though I was born in June. I love the winter, the cold, the crispness of it. The way the snow blankets the world and makes it look so pristine and pure. I also get horrible migraines in the summer from the heat and humidity, and the winters here are cold and comfortable for me.
@anubias2 (64)
For me the best time of the year when all my problem disapear!! As for weather I like summer in an tropical island where I can relax , clear my head ,take a dip in the ocean, walk in the forest or a field ochard farm, bird watching or I hope this dream will come true waiting for the time that the good weather arrive.
@yasaran (788)
I go with winters. Yeah cool and you can always wrap-up if you get too cold. The problem with summer is that after stripping out all, you still feel the heat.
I like all the seasons except winter. I am affected by the lack of sunlight and the cold gets to me too-it makes my muscles hurt.