Paranoia versus precaution...how do you learn to trust?

@unithorn (193)
To watch, listen, and observe are defensive mechanisms that we are born with in order to ensure our survival. To protect ones self is a natural reaction. At what point does that which often saves our lives turn into something that ails us? I do not like to place trust in other people, and am often suspicious of the people that I am in intimate relationships with. How can I tell if I am being unhealthy in my skepticism? There are two arguments to this. 1. Suspicious people are usually the ones that deserve suspicion 2. You cannot be stabbed blindly until you let your guard down Any thoughts? All are welcome.
I can go on for days with this one. I live the paranoid life daily. I do admit it is more harmful in mycase then good. I am not trusting of even man made items. Not even having breathe makes no difference. I think it hinders me in many of my daily situations. As for men this is a situation all it's own. I can't rely on a man for anything. This can be really bad to deal with in a relationship. I can't begin to shame my self to much. many people already know many of my struggles germs...
@unithorn (193)
For me, it's not a paranoid of germs or everyday life. I completely trust myself in my own situations against the world. Interpersonally, however, I have known enough people over the course of my life to know that every has two sides to them, and that more are out for their own personal gain than for the sake of a relationship of any status. I thank you for your input. Try not to worry about the things that you cannot control...we control what we subject ourselves to, but not all things are bad.