living alone

Latvia
Is living alone better than share your life with someone else? I live alone and I like to independent. I enjoy time with my boyfriend when he stays at my place for few days, but I don't feel bad being by myself.
I think it depends on an individual. Some people like to live alone- so that they don’t have to share their things with other people, or the need to worry if others don’t take care of the stuff at home properly and stuff like that. Some don't mind and love the companion of a housemate or even a roommate and some don't like to live alone.
@Lakota12 (42794)
LIving alone does have is assets . and having some one stay for a few day leves and empty spot when they leave. Sometimes I wish I lived alone but I have always had some one around me all the time if I lived alone I would probaly lose it all
@anonymili (3140)
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being able to enjoy one's own company. When I split with my ex husband I lived alone for a good 5 years or so. I met my current husband 5 years ago and we didn't move in together until well after we were married and it was actually over 2 years after we married that he moved in full time as he worked quite far away and came home at weekends only. People used to ask how I coped, but I was perfectly used to living alone and actually it was harder to adjust sharing my home and bed full time with someone again that it was to live alone LOL! If you are happy by yourself then it's all good, no one has the right to judge or call you a recluse, it's totally up to you. x
@Marie2473 (8523)
• Sweden
I am a person who loves to have some time for myself but that doesnt mean that u can not live with someone. I do and I still get alot of alone time, time with just me. We both work and also have friends of our own. Sometimes he goes out and sometimes I do... There is a balance to be found in a relationship!
@zahoor007 (273)
I think living alone is not good, you must interact with other people also in limits, so that they will not spoil your independent environment, it is ok you interact with your boy friend only but how long will it go, when he leaves you for some purpose, you are getting bored, right. so enjoy your life interact with people, love all the people surrounding you, have a nice time
i enjoy being with friends and family. but since we are talking about living alone or not, i guess, i rather have my own 4-walls. though it wouldn't be that bad to have friends coming over for a visit, but eventually you wanna have privacy and some time alone. when living alone, you don't have to worry to much, worrying about the people living with you if any. you have peace in other words. this is of course from a "single"-point of view. but if you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, living together would be so much more fun. i live in a small apartment together with my cousin, but i have the apartment pretty much for myself. she is only there to sleep at night and take a bath in the morning and thats pretty much it. i have it most of the time, and i dont mind if she is not around. as a matter of fact, i rather live alone but since we share the apartment together, we also share bills together. he he he.
@mujtab20 (434)
• Nigeria
Well that depends on how you always feel while alone, but preferablly stay permanently with your partner is better. Thanks
Generally I enjoy being in the company of other people. Given a choice between having my own place and sharing a place with several other students or with family or with friends, I'd take the option that allows me to share a place with other folks anytime. I guess this might be partly due to my culture. However, there are also times when I like to be alone. That's when I'd go to my room and close the door. Sharing an apartment with other people while still having my own room actually gives me the best of both worlds. Because I can seek the company of other folks when they are around. Yet when I need to be alone, I can just go to my room and shut the door.