BANANA PANCAKES anyone?

After going out to breakfast with my sister a couple weeks ago I have been craving banana pancakes. I have never even heard of them before until I saw her order them! LOL! So Tonighe I wasn't feeling to up to cooking a big dinner so I decided to make some for myself! OMGOSH! They are so yummy for those of you who have yet to taste them! It's a great idea for kids who don't like to eat breakfast also. I think most kids will devour these! Here is a recipe I found for them below. Any other variations are nost welcome! 2 c. Bisquick 2 1/4 c. milk 2 eggs 1 c. mashed bananas 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. vanilla 1 tsp. sugar 1/4 c. wheat germ Beat ingredients with hand beater until well blended; for thinner pancakes add milk as needed. Pour by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle (grease if necessary). Cook until edges are dry. Turn and cook until golden. Yields 12-13 pancakes.
@uiwwitch (892)
wow, this recipe is making me want to cook myself some banana pancakes at 10 in the evening! For an added twist to that recipe, I'd like to suggest topping the pancakes with sliced bananas and caramel. Tastes awesome!
Yes that's a great idea. As a matter of fact they made them at the restaurant that way with the banana slices right in the pancakes too! But is also a good way to get rid of any bananas one might have that are starting to turn brown!
@brendalee (6086)
I don't really like bananas but I will eat banana bread. Does it taste anything like that? I have never heard of it. Did you put pancake syrup on it or something else? I'm not sure if I would like them but maybe my grandson will.
If you like banan bread then you will probably like these! I don't really like pancakes LOL but I liked them this way! And yes regular pancake syrup is all I used but all the other suggestions here sound real YummY!
@honeyangel (1993)
sound lovley will have to try this and give it to the kids
@howard96h (11665)
• New York, New York
As old as I am I have never tried them and you have me curious now to try it. Sound yummy!
@luannemay (258)
You're recipe seems delicious, maybe i'll try that for variations, my family loves pancake.
@fpd1955 (2075)
I have had them at restaurants, but they always put banana slices on top. I prefer your way, with the banana's mushed in the pancake batter. There are also two restaurants near me that have pumpkin pancakes. (No pumpkin on top, mushed in batter). They are delicious. I use their pecan syrup on top. I have seen some people get them with loads of whip cream. I use strawberry syrup on the banana pancakes. Good thing I just had pizza for dinner or I would be thinking 'bout making some pancakes!! LOL PEACE
@lightningMD (5937)
ohhh These sound awesome. I was thinking about making pancakes for dinner tomorrow.Now I think I'll try your recipe out. Thanks for sharing it.