Are the people of Blythburgh really happy?

@shelagh77 (3643)
We passed through a hamlet named Blythburgh today and I wondered,are the people really happy and jolly as the name implies? If they are it would be the best place in the world to live! It conjured up this village of people singing songs like "good morning to you" and living out a musical. Are these people happy, and do you have a place name which conjures up a picture in your mind?
@rainbow (6763)
Some are, some aren't like anywhere else, lol. This reaminds me of an old story, so I'm going to tell you it whether you want me to or not. A traveller walks up to a city wall and sees a beggar "What are the people here like?" he asks, the beggar puts his head on one side and says "What were they like in you old town?" "Oh, wonderful, generous, happy and joyful," "They are like that here too," the beggar smiled and the traveller goes into town, looking forwards to meeting new friends and having a wonderful time. After a while another travellor passes the beggar, "What are the people like here?" he asks "What were they like in your last town?" the beggar smiled "Greedy, rude, treacherous and unfriendly," "Yes, they are like that here too," the beggar said shaking his head sadly. The man walked on into town, feeling sad and expecting the worst. The moral is....
@shelagh77 (3643)
Ha ha, trust you to find something like that. It is lovely! Not many people were interested in my musings, but I got this wonderful gift of laughter from you!
@rainbow (6763)
~Thanks for the best response, I love that story, I think we were told it at primary school but it's a goodie and makes you think, one of my favourites and if you listen to people talk it's very true. E.g. my opposite neighbours used to live in an awful place and guess what, nothing here seems to be quite right either, how odd. The gift of laughter is one of the best, far better than a limp sandwich, hee-hee!
@Lakota12 (42684)
awwwwwwww I know ya was dreaming ! FOr I have never seen a small place or big place sing to one another . I would have to get a map book out to look to see if I could find such a place as in all my travels I never pictured a place doing this lol
@shelagh77 (3643)
honest, there really IS a place called Blythburg! http://www.blythweb.co.uk/