Are you afraid of snakes?

I am very much afraid of snakes. I never go out in the night without a torch light. We have a lot of snakes here in my place. Are you afraid of snakes?
@Darkwing (21590)
I'm not afraid of snakes as such, as we don't have many poisonous ones in England. I just don't like the way they wriggle and such. I suppose it's a psychological thing, as with people being afraid of spiders or mice because of the way the look, and move. We have only the Adder here, which is poisonous and naturally, if I spot one of those, I tread carefully. They're often found in sandstone or heathland areas, so I'm always alert when in those terrains. Brightest Blessings.
@maribea (2366)
I am afraid of every things moving outside!!! I am afraid of all kind of insects and I am afraid of snakes, too. they are not very common here because i live in a big city but once I met with one while going to my university..there was one little thin black snake in the grass where I was walking to reach my class..they kept telling me it was innocue, it was not a dangerous one, but you may be sure I didn't bother stare at it..I simply run away as fast as I could and avoided that path!!! I have a clear idea: insects and snaking things must be separated from me. this is the reason why I cannot enjoy camping and I have to be in "protected areas" while sleeping!!!
@miryam (6510)
No, but in my contry are a difficult bring one......but not I'm not afrai...not put your feet on a snake.......simple
@classy56 (2884)
o my yes..snakes scares the liveing shi$ out of me.i cry everytime i see one.an plus i pee my pants. lol, thats how bad they scare me.everyone makes fun of me for being so afraid of them.i almost shot my nephew one time for bringing a baby boa to my house. he was trying to scare me an wouldnt leave with that snake.now he knows not to ever bring a snake to my house.
@massageeh (966)
• Taiwan
I think I'll be afraid, too. Although I have never encountered one. I wish I don't have to either.
@Blazing15 (333)
I am afaird of snakes. We have had two in our house so far and I have to have people get them out. We have an old house. Well I went downstairs one night to throw some laundry in and there was a gardner snake at the bottom of my steps. Luckily my moms boyfriend was there so I had him go grab it. The second time me and my children were sitting in the living room playing and I just happened to go pick up a toy and there was a baby snake by the wall I trapped it and had to have my neighbor come over and get it out because my husband was working. My husband and I were outside doing some work this weekend and he told me not to look next to me and started laughing right then I knew that it was a snake and I ran so that he could get the snake out of my site. Eww they are creepy.
to be frank with you.. i'm most afraid of the snakes.. i used to listen to my grandparents stories on how they actually live in the police barrack.. those housing area that are set up mainly for police officers.. they told me many stories on animals.. and the mainly the snakes.. they say there are many types of snake there.. once my grandfather even saw a king cobra.. it's really dangerous.. and you do know police officers have to undergo jungle training for sometime right? he say that inside the jungle.. there are more snakes.. and we cannot be afraid of them.. if you are afraid of them.. and you run immediately.. the snake will chase and bite you..all you have to do is be calm.. and let it go away.. is it true? i don't know.. but i've seen many documentary movies and i think it's true =)
@sunshine4 (8710)
I wouldn't even go out at night if there was a chance of running into a snake....I am so afraid of them. Here is a snake story for you: We live in the country and once in a while have a few snakes around. One day our neighbor called and said that he just shot a huge snake in our back yards where they meet. He said that he had to shoot it twice, the first time he shot it, it jumped up to try to bite him, so the second shot was in the head. He suggested that I don't let my kids go outside after school in case there are more snakes around. Well, curiosity got me and when the kids came home I told my 13 yr old to go in the feild and see if he could see the snake that was shot by the neighbor. My son came back just laughing so hard it took him a while to calm down and talk. My neighbor had shot a rubber snake that my kids had lost in the field!! We laughed so hard! This guy was quite embarrassed when he realized he thought that a rubber snake was jumping up to bite him!