How often do you CUT YOUR NAILS???

Nail cutting - This is a picture of a nail being cut by a nail clipper. I took it using my own camera.
@vesuvius (1677)
Since childhood, we have been taught to regularly cut our nails when it's already long and I guess many people still carry that lesson until getting old. But how often do you actually your nails? Do you prefer your nails long? Personally, I cut my nails every week - I guess that's just enough to keep it short and clean. How about you?
@sabwinner (499)
Haha, interesting question. for me, about 4 days I cut my nails. I don't like to do much docorate work on my nails, I don't like them long, just keep it clean and healthy pink. I think that's beautifu!
@vesuvius (1677)
It's good that you keep it 'clean and healthy pink' - your nails must be very cute to look at.. LOL Thanks for saying this question is interesting.. LOL Thanks too for this response!
@yanjiaren (9050)
My foot nails once weekly I cut them, but my hand nails I file them daily. A friend of mine told me that if I file my nails daily they would actually get stronger. I have thin fingers so I don't keep them long any way. I tried wearing the false ones only once and they were not comfortable. I could not even do proper Mylotting lol.
@vesuvius (1677)
Doesn't daily filing of your nails hurt? I think that's really painful (well, maybe because I'm not doing it myself). Now you should stay away from those fake nails because I've also heard those things break the cuticles especially when they're glued to the real thing. Thanks for this response!
@yanjiaren (9050)
No because they are not that short lol
@filmbuff (2909)
I don't cut my nails, I file them. Usually I do it about once a week or once every other week. Granted I do look kind've funny because I have one hand with very short nails, and the other with very long ones, but that is because I play guitar, and classical guitar and I need the nails short on my fret hand, and long on the fingerpicking one.
@vesuvius (1677)
Wow that's different for me - well, maybe because I haven't found a person who files his nails to maintain its shortness before. But I think what you're doing is quite cool because it's not that common. I know a lot of people who grow their fingers the same way you do because a lot of my pals also play the guitar - I believe your reasons for growing your nails in such a manner is the same as theirs. Thanks for this response!
@ozzydee70 (465)
i cut my nails once a week and i do cut it realy short, i'm not into manicure or pedicure stuff thats why i just keep it clean and short. but regarding my young son, i cut his nails twice a week as kids nails grew faster than adults
@vesuvius (1677)
I see that there are a lot of people here who's with me in that weekly nail-clipping schedule! But I dont really cut mine super short because that hurts! I remember one instance when I tried to really cut it hard and short, it bled and it really sucked the energy in me. So now I just try keep it 'normal short'. Thanks for this response!
@mannu123 (144)
I cut my nails every Sunday. I don't kep long nails because its very diffecult to keep them clean. When I was a kid I used to bit nails but as and when I went to collage I stopped do so and now I cut and keep it short regularly.
@vesuvius (1677)
Well it seems like your schedule is like mine - weekly nail clipping. LOL It's really good that you try to make your nails clean by keeping it short. However, I believe there are long nails which are still clean - I guess it all depends on the person having the nails. Thanks for this response!
@massageeh (966)
• Taiwan
Ahhh! My bad habbit. I rarely cut my nails, I bite them or pick at them. My wife keeps getting on my case about it. but, I find biting it faster.
@vesuvius (1677)
I know a person who's like you. He'd never use a clipper for his nails. He would always prefer cutting it by his teeth because he says it's a lot easier. Well, maybe we really just have our own respective preferences even on things like this. Thanks for this response!
@aliasad (1567)
• Pakistan
Personal hygiene consciouness!! Well, one must be careful about the personal tidyness and in order to make your appearence a nice, one must cut the nails at some proper time. I think grown up rate of nails vary person to person. I do cut the nails when I feel that these are going to tarnish my personality. Thanks for a good discussion, Vesuvius!
@eipril (401)
i cut my nails when i saw it long ,.i'd rather choose to have a short nails than to have a long nails ..
@mdchennai (2129)
LOL! I dont have the habit of cutting nails. I bite nails ;P It is the bad habit that i have. I have this habit from the childhood but now i am trying to avoid it. It looks weird when i bite nails at this age. Now a days, i dont bite but i cut the nails with my hands itself. Hope to quit this habit soon!
@micamyx (916)
At least once a week. I hate keeping my fingernails long.
@subha12 (18453)
as from childhood i have learned to keep it clean and small, i do it once a week. I really don't like long nails, atleast for myself. I always keep it kidy and clean and also small.
@KissThis (3006)
I cut my nails every seben to ten days. Depending on how fast they actually grow. I don't care much for long nails because of trying to keep them clean as well. But also when I use to grow long nails they would always break off at a point where it was painful. I think short nails are just easier.
@vesuvius (1677)
Short nails really are indeed easier to handle and it's of course, less prone to pain. But again, what's important is we keep those little things clean no matter how long it is. Thanks for this response!
@vesuvius (1677)
I just forgot to share this fact. Some dermatologists have observed that the middle finger is the quickest growing finger so maybe, that should always go first when you cut your nails.. LOL
@maxxine (612)
i cut my nails once a week. and i cut it really short.... :)
@vesuvius (1677)
That's great but I think cutting it really short would hurt - well, that's as far as I am concerned because my fingers really hurt bad when I try to cut my nails short. It even bleeds sometimes. Thanks for this response!
@asteriskec (1074)
I have a very bad habit about nails. As much as I want to cut them every week, I have this knack of biting on them a good two or three days before my scheduled "nail cutting day". Geez. I always keep them short. I've never had long nails. Ever. I don't like my nails to bother me whenever I type hehehehe
@vesuvius (1677)
Well I think what's important is we keep it short no matter how we do it. I just dont know how you guys are doing it with your teeth. I have a classmate before and I keep on observing him but I still cant see exactly how he manages to keep it short.. Anyway, it's still good that you're keeping it short. Happy posting!
@joycer (498)
• Sri Lanka
I really can't stand long nails. I always keep my nails really short, "upod na upod". It bothers me if I see the white thingy coming out. I have it cut after five days. I do not like to feel the sharp edge of my nails,and sometimes when dirt gets into it it's hard to clean.
I am not sure as to how often i cut my nails. i had never wanted to let my fingernails grow long. they are always cut as short as it feels comfortable. i am sure that i cut them at least once a week but, it doesn't necessarily fall within the same day.
HOnestly I only cut my nails when they get long which is about every other week or so. I type alot and they get chipped from outside work so when that happens I just cut them. I don't worry too much about them. But I do always try to keep them clean. :)
@howard96h (11658)
• New York, New York
I cut them every week. I also cut them really short, I hate to see dirty nails on anyone, it makes me sick. If I keep them short they always are clean looking.
@lols189 (4797)
i cut my nails once a week also to keep them short and clean as i also dont like them long
@wildhorse (1293)
• Egypt
I don't have an exact time for cutting my nails, I do it whenever I feel they are getting long, it takes a week or 10 days maybe but I can be distracted or forget about it for a bit longer but I don't tolerate it for too long..