Don't lick envelopes!!!!

@Akeela (2079)
Trinidad And Tobago
A woman was working in a post office in California. One day she licked the envelopes and postage stamps instead of using a sponge. That very day the lady found a cut on her tongue. A week later, she noticed an abnormal swelling of her tongue. She went to the doctor, and they found nothing wrong. Her tongue was not sore or anything. A couple of days later, her tongue started to swell more, and it began to get really sore, so sore, that she could not eat. She went back to the hospital, and demanded something be done. The doctor took an x-ray of her tongue and noticed a lump. He prepared her for minor surgery. When the doctor cut her tongue open, a live cockroach crawled out!!!! There were cockroach eggs on the seal of the envelope. The egg was able to hatch inside of her tongue, because of her saliva. It was warm and moist... This is a true story reported on CNN Andy Hume wrote: Hey, I used to work in an envelope factory. You wouldn¬Ęt believe the things that float around in those gum applicator trays. I haven't licked an envelope for years!" I used to work for a print shop (32 years ago) and we were told NEVER to lick the envelopes. I never understood why until I had to go into storage and pull out 2500 envelopes that were already printed and saw several squads of cockroaches roaming around inside a couple of boxes with eggs everywhere. They eat the glue on the envelopes. PLEASE PASS THIS ON, TO YOUR FRIENDS. After reading this you will never lick another envelope or stamp again
@Blazing15 (333)
That is totally gross. I don't lick envelopes at all. Not because of this story but because they taste nasty. I use a sponge or I dip my finger in water and then put it on t he envelope. Didn't this lady feel it moving around. I'm sorry but I would have freaked when the doctors told me what they found.
@estarga (1188)
I am truly amazed that this story is true I have received many emails about this. Some are about not drinking out of cans. Just the thought of it is gross. I mean really ughh!
@tater03 (1765)
I read about this years ago. I don't lick my envelopes but I hadn't before I read this either. That is just so gross.
@sunshine4 (8709)
How long ago did this happen? I heard this story about 7 years ago and it totally grossed me out!!! Since then I havn't licked the envelops, but it seems weird to me that it is coming around again. Only makes me wonder if it is true.