Joke: The Reason That Parents Drink

@biwasaki (1745)
A boss wondered why one of his most valued employees had not phoned in sick one day. Having an urgent problem with one of the main computers, he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. "Hello." "Is your daddy home?" he asked. "Yes," whispered the small voice. May I talk with him?" The child whispered, "No." Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?" "Yes." "May I talk with her?" Again the small voice whispered, "No." Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, "Is anybody else there?" "Yes," whispered the child, "a policeman." Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?" "No, he's busy", whispered the child. "Busy doing what?" "Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman," came the whispered answer. Growing more worried as he heard what sounded like a helicopter through the ear piece on the phone, the boss asked, "What is that noise?" "A helicopter" answered the whispering voice. "What is going on there?" demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive. Again, whispering, the child answered, "The search team just landed the Helicopter." Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, "What are they searching for?" Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle: "ME."
thank you for posting that I really needed a laugh!!! But I would have to kill my kids if theyy ever did anything like that.
@Michele21 (3094)
That is so funny...but at the same time kinda scary. I can picture my son doing that when he gets a few years older!!!
@biwasaki (1745)
That's what I love about this joke, I think most parents can relate because they can imagine THEIR kids being the one to do it. *LoL*
@jchampany (1131)
That is hilarious. I can so picture that one in my head. I have to admit, that was not the punch line I was expecting. Good one.
I have heard that joke before, and I am so happy that you posted it! I LOVE IT! Thank you for posting, made me laugh. What a funny, cute joke. Can you imagine if that really happened to you (you were the caller not the parent).
Oh man, thats a good one. I thought that possibly they had some sort of accident, however that was possible the most side spliting one i've heard. I think that i'm going to get some joke of my husbands out here just to see what people think of them, good laugh.