he owns too much

my father owns too many things he can't deal with it all himself. he is trying to get the campground he owns ready, we open in 2 days. now he can't make it to one of the problems he is having in one of his apartment buildings. he wants me to drive out an hour and back to get the keys from him to put mouse traps in a building for him. seriously if i had a mouse problem where i live i would just put up traps myself. it's not in the whole building just in her apartment. anyway not looking forward to this i allready had a huge day planned and now i've got more on my plate and have to do this with my 3 year old in the car for that long. ah feel better venting.
@KissThis (3006)
I have a brother who treats me the same way. Everytime he asks me to cover doing something for him I remind myself that we have to help each other because that is what families do. Don't worry your day will get better.
@lightningMD (5932)
Just keep thinking that family helps family. I'm sure there have been times he has done things for you that messed up his plans too. Your daughter will get to see her grandfather so that makes the trip worth while. Yes, I would just set my own mouse traps.
• Pakistan
your father owns too many things he can't deal it all himself. You should help him as much as you can. But you are criticising him. It means you could not afford to help him. There fore you should tell him that less responsibilities make a person and his life more and more easy. Remember that If you own a thing you will also own the pain of the thing in question. If you have one car then you worries of one car. If you have two cars then you have double worries than a single car holder. The eople owning many things are proportionally owning the pains and worries of the things they are owning.
Wow, I would talk to your father about it. Tell him how you feel about how he is treating you, that way you can get all your feelings out into the open. And tell him that you dont' feel comfortable doing these things for him, when you have a young child with you. Tell him that you just don't have the time for it, and that you don't have the patience. You love him, but this is just too much.
• Portugal
sorry for it :( your father is a very busy man i see^^ anyway he asked you bcs he trust you so is sweet that you decided to help him^^ but sure with a 3 year old child with you not really easy^^ and about mouse problem my god be careful to a mouse dont bite you. is very scary an appartment full of mouses. how can someone even sleep there? ahah i coulndt^^