Banquet Homestyle Bakes-which is your favorite

When my sister and I moved into our first apartment we both a Banquet "Homestyle Bakes" boxed meal as an emergency dinner. It's great for those nights when you either have noghting to make at home, or want a quick, filling comforting meal. Plus the Box with everything you need is less than $5, making it an even better emergency meal. This box sat in our panry for a few months, and then one wintery night, we cooked it. It was chicken and biscuts...and for a premade, packaged meal, it wasn't bad. Once we ate the first one, we had to replace it, so we always had our emergency staple. Fast forward to last month. A friend of ours recently moved into her first apartment, and without my sister and I even telling her about our Homestyle Bake dependency, she bought a box too! It seems to be the perfect emergency staple to have around. It's become a bit of a a joke with us now...trying the differnt varieties, comparing notes on what store has which varieties, or has them on sale. Have you ever tried Homestyle Bakes? What is your favorite version. I think I like the "Chicken and Biscuts" the best. Something about bisquick biscuts is so comforting to me.
@krebstar5 (1267)
I have a confession to make. I actually like these. It's really just like eating canned soup with something yummy on top. I also like the "chicken and biscuit" one the best. I've also had the turkey with stufing one, but I found that one to be a bit too salty. The mexican one is cool because you actaully bake the rice with the other ingredients to cook it. They are all pretty much idiot proof. And you are right about them being the perfect emergency stash. They are especially great in the winter when you are tired and craving comfort food.
You are right...the Mexican one was pretty good. I like that you just throw the whole thing in the oven, rice, sauce and all. i added extra shredded cheese to the top when I made it. That made it even better...but then again, cheese makes everything better in my opinion :-)
I have to say twilight021 I have never tried Banquet Homestyle Bakes. I usually don't buy things on the 'inside isles' of the grocery. We opt for more fresh things. It's just the way we have learned to eat.
We also prefer to "shop the perimeter", but in a pinch...dry or canned staples like this have been very helpful to us.
Hey, in a pinch, I'll even go to McDonalds. lol
Agreed!
@lightningMD (5932)
I havent tried them.What a great idea to always keep one in the pantry though. I am going to buy one for our emergency stash. We always keep a box of pasta and a jar of sauce in the pantry for a quick and easy meal.
Yeah, and in truth, they aren't that bad...we made a Mexican rice one not long ago, and that was good too. I wouldn't reccomend living off them...like all pre-packaged stuff I am sure there is a lot of sodium and stuff. But they have been a great resource for especially cold and lazy nights when neither of us wanted to go food shopping :-)