Do you back away or leave the room from the microwave when you put food in them?

@kynni204 (2031)
Microwaves give off harmful cancer causing rays. My mom won't let any one bring a microwave in her home. Is it that serious? I used to have one, I don't anymore. I figure anything that cooks food that fast couln't be healthy. I try not to use a microwave or eat foods from them but if I do I do it sparingly. My girlfriend heats her daughter's bottle up in the microwave. How dangerous is that?
@bkfuels (1606)
I think back when they first came out they may have been dangerous but now they are pretty safe, I use to back away from them but I do not do this any more.
@kynni204 (2031)
Maybe they are safe now. I dunno
@webeishere (36355)
I don't think there is any danger at all. That is unless the microwave leaks. If there's rust inside that means there is a hole somewhere near the rust allowing moisture to be cooked causing the rust. When you wipe the microwave out always check for rust spots. If you see any it's time for a new microwave oven. A hole will release harmful waves into the air then. Thanks for the discussion also. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@kynni204 (2031)
O really? it's only when the microwave rusts? I believe there was a study stating how you eat those rays when you microwave.
@bad1981 (799)
We use it all the time and sometimes I stand by it and sometimes I dont. Just depends. I have never warmed my kids drinks in it or bottles because they say that it isnt safe for them.