Do you Know your value ?

@mimpi1911 (25479)
Know Ur Value....! A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a Rupee 500 note. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this Rupee 500 note?" Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this note to one of you but first let me do this." He proceeded to crumple the note up. He then asked, "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air. "Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty. "Now who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air. "My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth Rupee 500/-. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. You are special. Don't ever forget it! Never let yesterday's disappointments overshadow tomorrow's dreams. "VALUE HAS A VALUE ONLY IF ITS VALUE IS VALUED" "Make some corner of the world distinctively yours"
@gabs8513 (48715)
Mimpi I will be really honest here now and I do not want Pity or anything from anyone I do not know my Value even though all my Friends here tell me it For to many years I got to hear that I am not special, that I am useless, I still have to knock them years out of my Head before I will believe it of myself I have a lovely Man now that makes me feel special and treats me special and has done for 3 years but sometimes it is still hard for me to believe it I always wait for the Kick and that is what I have to get over, deep down I know he will never kick me and my Friends never will but the Fear is still there at times So I hope that one Day I will find it
Awww gabs, I didn't know it was that bad. Here have some hugs... *hugs*hugs*hugs*hugs*hugs*hugs*hugs*hugs*hugs*hugs That should remove some bad memories and help you in getting over things soon. You ARE special not just because you're accident prone hehehe
@mimpi1911 (25479)
i am sorry gabs and this is not sympathy. i am glad that you have someone just as great as you to be with you no matter what. he knows your true value and will never let you down. you are special to so many other ppl who know your value and whenever and wherever ppl say that that do care, some really mean it. i being one of them, will always empathasize with you, may be silently if you want it that way. smiles and hugs.
@gabs8513 (48715)
Thank you so much both of you and yes I know I am very lucky to have found someone like him and I treasure him Big Hugs back to you both xxx
@sreevasu (2717)
That's a good story. But it reminds something more. The currency note has its value only if the 'statutory' markings are present in it or its value is in the markings or its value is not the value of a piece of paper but the value of the markings. Yes, I agree with you. What is important is self-evaluation and self-realization. Thank you so much Mimpi for a thoughtful post.
@mimpi1911 (25479)
thanx for your input sreevasu. yes our values, just like the currency note,, lie not in our appearence but in what we have inside us. tahnx
@rainbow (6763)
What a beautiful and clever story! My first reaction was 2p and there are a lot of 2p's in the world, lol. It is true, sometimes we feel good and new and shiney and others scruffy, crumpled and worn but we all still have the right to be loved and happy. Today is a gift - make the most of that present. I will try to make my little corner my own, i really like that bit, thanks for sharing it my darling!
@mimpi1911 (25479)
today is indeed a gift and we should live it to the fullest.
@dpk262006 (56563)
Very good example given by you. By your discussion I understand that we should never under-estimate ourselves and should not lose our self-esteem. Everyone has got some value and he or she should be judged and should be given due value, irrespective of his conditions or situation.
@mimpi1911 (25479)
i agree totally.
Hello mimpi. This is a very inspiring post you have. It has increased my value a notch. Thank you for the reminder. Sometimes we need someone to always remind us of how special we are as individuals not only to others but to ourselves. I really like this story. Thanks and have a nice day.
@mimpi1911 (25479)
i am glad that you liked it. yes, we need things to be pointed out as reminders, even if we have it flat blatant, right infront.
@caribe (2465)
Thank you so much for posting this. You have no idea how much I needed to read that this morning. I was feeling so low and worthless, feeling like I had no value left because of some circumstances in my life. Thank you so much for the uplift I feel after reading it.
@maribea (2366)
Oh my dear thanks for these worderful words..they are such an encouragement!!! you are right..sometimes everything is going wrong, and we are so sad and angry and tired that we can even think that our life is such a mess that doen't worth a penny..of course it is wrong because no matter how difficult it may be but life has its own value and we are worth everything..but it may happen to lose confidence in ourselves and our value, above all when everybody around you seems to underevaluate you...there is only one escape..keep on, be strong and be self confident...with strength and patience we will succeed!!
@mimpi1911 (25479)
yes maribea, i couldnot aree more with you. whenever and whereever i feel low, i just remember this piece and try to overcome it all. this is so very apt for me and for all, in some point in life or the other. thanx.
@balasri (26553)
Since I haven't heard from you for some time I was just wandering in your discussions.This discussion makes up for your brief absence.A gem.
@mimpi1911 (25479)
You know what, given the magnitude of bitter realities I have been facing for years now, this certainly comes as a boost.
@balasri (26553)
It saddens me that a thing called bitter can happen to such a nice person in all aspects.As far as I know Only Gold is getting purified to the utmost level of purity like this .
@mimpi1911 (25479)
You are always there with nice words for me, bala. I am glad that you are my friend.
@alokn99 (5717)
Mimpi, It's such a meaningful post that you have written. I can think of myself as a real life example and all my dear friends who have made me understand my true value. Thank You.
@mimpi1911 (25479)
Thank you alok.
@subha12 (18453)
I think its really a nice post. it did not came to my notice till date. it may be old one but today i have seen it. its really nice discussion. we should know our value in life before we do anything.
@mimpi1911 (25479)
Thanks subha for appreciating this. smiles...
Mimpi.. Good words of encouragement.. These certainly enthuse people with good positive frame of mind..and optimistic approach. But i have the other way of looking things..may be it has something to do with the spiritual side of a person.. "Don't have too much of bodily attachment on things that happen around us". Only when we develop sense of attachment towards a particular event.. we feel happy or sorrow..at the time of result.. Just take for granted.. that every thing in the world is tuned to the WISH OF GOD.. Going a step further it is the Phenomenon of " I" in man Makes us to suffer..EGO.. Wondering.. if this is a devil reciting scriptures..no.. i have learnt this in a hard way.. and i try to remain calm even when i am in sea of success or sinking with failures.. i never will show emotions.. But not here.. the three mylot emotions for mimpi.
@mimpi1911 (25479)
[i]Saivenkaat what a dimension you have added to this post! I am at awe with your level of thinking - way to go friend. Thanks for being my friend.[/i]
@hillock (749)
• Qatar
honestly i didnt know why i didnt respond to this discussion and i should say its one of the great discussion ive read here and hears to you! well..a like the statement "VALUE HAS A VALUE ONLY IF ITS VALUE IS VALUED! indeed, it really is true! thanks for the post..i would definitely remember this and ill share it with my friends..happy new year! ^-^
@mimpi1911 (25479)
You are welcome, hillock. Wish you a very happy new year.
Wow! I'm happy even with my snail pace. I won't give up on reading all my mails. If not, I would have missed this very valuable discussion of yours. And it's very true. Thank you a lot my friend! I really needed to hear this sentences. Maybe I might get it framed and hung it on my walls. "Never let yesterday's disappointments overshadow tomorrow's dreams. "VALUE HAS A VALUE ONLY IF ITS VALUE IS VALUED" "Make some corner of the world distinctively yours" by Mimpi. Great! I'm not kidding ha! I'm very serious! (=w=)
@mimpi1911 (25479)
you are such a doll! you know what, whenever i feel kind of down i read this and get charged up intantly. have a great day ahead. Love and hugs...
this really encourage me in my life to go forward
@mimpi1911 (25479)
Thanks.