Don't pump gas on May 15, 2007....

No Gas on May 15, 2007 Don't pump gas on May 15, 2007 In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight. On May 15, 2007, all internet users are not to go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places. There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up. If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day. So please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets take a stand and try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern Oil Industry for at least one day! If you agree (which I can't see why you wouldn't) pass this along to everyone you know. Don't pump gas on May 15, 2007!
@mirage108 (3403)
That is a great idea. I will do it! The 15th of May is a Tuesday. So if everyone fills up on a Monday before they get home they should be ready for Tuesday and possibly even wednesday the 16th imagine if people could go two days with out filling up for 2 days. that would hurt the oil companies even more.
Thanks for joining in. Two days of near nothing sales would for sure freak out the oil companies! Thanks again~
@joluha (344)
Sounds good but surely all the people who need gas on the 15th will either buy on 14th or wait till 16th - either way people still need gas so cut takings one day but boost the next - either way gas stations win!!
I don't think I can agree them them winning. Your right in saying that they are still going to bring in the same amount, because we need gas no matter what. But how would you feel if you checked your sales one day and it was a whooping 3 BILLION lower than the norm? Probably drop the price some. We as consumers need to take a stand and make those sales drop so in turn the price drops. Supply and demand, let's make the system work. Thanks for the response.
@cipher2004 (1184)
Thanks for sharing this.I will have to tell everyone I know.
Thanks for passing it along!!