If you are angry, would you count to 10 before you act?

@scapula (760)
Jordan
A friend of mine taught me to calm down when I get angry by counting to 10 and take deep breath, It seems to me it works, But why Do we get anger? Some life stresses make me anxious and feel uncomfortable; in past, if everything doesn’t go the way it should be I get mad. Now I know how to control myself, and I know how serious if the person used on anger s/he will destroy his health, many conditions like hypertensions and others related to angry and anxiety. So I try to calm down every moment I can of my life just to live in peace. What about you? Do you feel angry all the time, or just sometimes? Do you manage your anger, or you just do it again and again?
@KissThis (3006)
Counting has never worked for me. When I get upset or angry I clean. I think that this is actually beneficial. The house normally gets cleaned top to bottom atleast once a week. Sometimes if I am really mad I will go for a long drive to get away.
@scapula (760)
• Jordan
Yeah I do drive when I get anger, but it is dangerous because I exceed the speed limit when I get anger, I put all my anger on my poor car. So luckily, I stopped this before I kill myself.
@maumbi (2571)
when this feelings come i always go out or go to sport, go to swim, or drink hot water, difficult to control emotion, we have to learn how to control this useful for our self and another people.
@scapula (760)
• Jordan
I also drink water, but cold water to calm me down, I can't go sport all the time cause I don't have time but I think it would helps.
What we want as per our convenience is not fulfilled then we become angry. Most of us do not want to listen "No' Every answer we want in "Yes" and do not try to give answer in yes. This is human mentality. We should give what we expect from others then there will be balanced relationship but it is not so. We want win-loose situation. We always want to win. When our desired is not accomplished, we be anger. Your best friend has suggested the right thing. Counting from any number to any number till we are exausted, is good practce. Deep breathing also helps to release tension. This is more effective as Oxygen level in our body improves resulting into stressing out. Blood circulation normalises. Within minutes we are free from anger upto some extent. I too do deep breathing (inhale and exhale) to release tension/anger etc. Good keep it up!!
@vamisola (906)
no, i don't count...if used to managed my anger now. I can control it.