on an average, who spends more... men or women?

why would you say so? if you have $1,000 in your pocket right now, how long before you have used it all up just for your own personal expense? a day, 3 days, a week, a month, more than a month? what would be the things you would buy for it?
@ethanmama (1746)
1000 dollars is about 47000 pesos. If I disregard bills and other family obligations and payments and just concentrate on my personal stuff like my wants, it would probably last me a year. No kidding. I'm not a big spender at all. If I had that money to spend just for myself, I would probably just add it to my mutual funds. My husband is the bigger spender among the two of us, but it would probably last about 6-8 months for him too, if it were just for his personal wants. Unfortunately, we do have to pay for our bills and other household and baby necessities, so, in reality, that amount of money would only last us a couple of months at the most.
so your husband spends more. :) both of you seem to be not big spenders but i do hope that you are the one who manage the budget. :)
@massageeh (966)
• Taiwan
I wouldn't say who would spend more, I think it all base on responsibility. I guess it would all depend on if i have any debts. If not, I'll probably spend some of it like there was not tomorrow and some of it slowly, as I would think that amount of money is hard to come by.
wise and cautious, your money would go a long way. :)
@lightningMD (5932)
In our family my husband spends more money than I do. 1000.00 dollars would last me along time. Even if i was feeding my whole family on it.It would last me 5 months. I spend 200.00 a month on groceries and paper products. If anyone wants to challenge me I'll tell you where to send the 1,000 dollars. lol
-lol- i don't have $1000 to challenge you with right now. :) but if i do, i'd rather challenge myself. -lol-
@evlo173 (435)
A $1000 would last for me. I would buy clothes, and shoes, and food. I would pay a large bill. Then I would put a small amount in a savings account to collect interest.
bills, :) yes... we should never forget about paying our bills. -lol-
@rodeotexas (1154)
I could make it last more than a month. Well at least I could if I didn't go buy tons of scrapbooking stuff. I think women spend a little more then men.
yup, more than a month for me too. just how "little more" would you mean? -lol-
@nicolec (2673)
I could quite possibly spend that in a few days. I could go shopping and with gas prices these days. well, that would take a chunk. But in practicalltiy, it would probably take me a month if I was just living normal life. And that's if I didn't use it for bills, but just own personal stuff like shopping or going out to eat.
@mykmari_08 (2466)
I wouldn't dare to generalize my reply. So, If you won't mind, I'll just take our case - my husband and me. If we were to spend $ 1,000 or roughly 46,000 pesos and I would have it my way: all of it would be spent paying bills - credit cards, redeeming pawned items and about $40 or $50 in groceries (mostly for our daughter). But if I would have to spend it for myself (with the bills excluded), I would invest some of it in a small business which I can do even when I am in the office. What I have in mind is the cellphone load (smart & globe) retailer business. Or maybe, lend it to a needy officemate and earn from it through the monthly interest of 3 to 5 percent per month. The rest, if there is still remaining out of it, will be saved in my daughter's savings account. On the other hand, if my husband would have to spend it for himself and have his way: I guess he will buy some clothes for him, groceries for the family (us), and take chances with the local 'games of chance' like lotto.
@chiyosan (30206)
i think women spends more, they give more to family, to friends and have more products they have to buy for themselves than men.
@magnel (2263)
i would have ended up $1,000 in a week's time, not that i like to do a lot of expenses... but if i have i like to do a lot of shopping...
@liranlgo (5748)
• Israel
I really think that it is not based on men that spend more, or women that spend more. It is all about the personality of this person. I knew guys that spend so much, that i was in shock, and i know guys that were very calculated. The same goes for women. So what i am saying is that it is all based on the person.