Who do you trust more: Pets or People?

@pyewacket (44037)
This might sound like a strange question to ask...but many pet owners will know exactly where I'm coming from by asking this...and I've heard it from so many pet owners that they trust their pets or animals in general than they do people..maybe it has to do with pets/animals giving us unconditional love and don't play the mind games that people do.
I think the no mind games thing is the big attraction. An animal never asks for more than some food and water and a little bit of attention. Unconditional love that you can always count on. My animals have always treated me better than my own family. My cats are independant souls, but they still come to me to be petted and have their chins scratched.
@pyewacket (44037)
I can certainly relate--my cats have been kinder, more loving than my family too!
@polachicago (19075)
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." Mark Twain I am not sure if I have to add anything to it. Yes, I trust pets more than I trust people...out of 20 my best friends...first three are my pets...:)
• Janesville, Wisconsin
I trust animals and pets more, I get along with them better we understand eachother better, we all have our good and bad days.... People have always been not so loving or kind, and often are two faced pets really are loving and caring... Animals are easier to understand than people. Well.. As for mind games, yes my pets do play games but its from watching people they learned it. I have one cat named braveone he is a big tease and loves to play games, at least you know when pets and animals do it they do so out of fun unlike people who really try to harm eachother by it. I trust my Teasing little kitty over any human, any day. - DNatureofDTrain
@taymouse (585)
Most of the time, I would have to say I trust pets more. A lot of people might think I'm crazy but I'm being serious. People get angry easily and sometimes can't control their emotions. Sometimes people are selfish, jealous, and downright disrespectful. People hold grudges and if you make a mistake it's likely some of them will never talk to you again. Pets don't do that. No matter what, they don't hold grudges and they will always love you. When I have a bad day and it feels like the whole world is against me (drama queen moments), I can go home and curl up with my kitten, petting her, and it makes me feel better. Because even if everyone else doesn't like me, she does. Same for my dog and my hamster. I don't think your question is strange. It's a very good one. But yes, most of the time pets can be trusted more than people. Sometimes pets can be better friends than some people, too.
@taymouse (585)
Very true. Thank you for the best response! :)
definitly pets! they are less malicious and better company
I do. I believe pets are physic and they know when they come across someone untrustworthy. You might be on to it having something to do with their unconditional love though.
@emeraldisle (13146)
I agree with the others. I trust pets and animals over people any day of the week and twice on Sunday. You don't have to worry as a general rule that they will turn on you, betray you, or just stop liking you. It's nice that we can depend on them even when we cannot depend on others.