Does anyone watch the Penn Relays on tv?

@kgwat70 (13396)
Has anyone watched this track event on tv or in person? Has anyone actually ran in this wonderful event? I had always wished that I could have ran in this big event when I was in high school but I was not good enough to qualify. If you have ran in this event, what was it like? Does anyone know what it takes to qualify to be in the Penn Relays? I was watching some of it on tv today and am amazed with how fast the athletes run now compared to when i was running track back in the mid 80's.
Who broadcasted it? I haven't heard of the event and have rarely seen much track televised except during the olympics or some pre-olympic events. Interesting though.
@kgwat70 (13396)
The Penn Relays are usually shown on Espn or Espn2. I did not watch the whole thing as I watched a 4 x 400 relay event where each man on the teams ran a 400. They were really fast and would have put me to shame for sure. LOL
@villageanne (8554)
Personally, I got burned out on track when my daughters used to participate. They were acturally very good but track meets were so long and boring except when your own child was doint their thing. LOL
@kgwat70 (13396)
That is nice that your daughters used to participate in track and field. The meets can be very long since there are numerous events plus having the guys and women running the same day. I do not think it is boring as much as other sports. The long distance events can be somewhat boring though.
I use to like running in High School..but my lungs are not well enough for such activity and watching it does not really attract me.I am happy you find good recreation in watching this...:)+
@kgwat70 (13396)
I enjoyed running in high school as well but do not do any running now, especially with my aches and pains. I was an okay sprinter back in high school but not fast enough to qualify for any major events or win any individual titles. It would be exciting to run though in front of so many people.
I am sure, Ken, you were an amazing sprinter..too bad you have so many aches and pains..I feel bad for you:)+
@Lydia1901 (16354)
No, I don't think I even heard of it before. I never had a chance to be in one either before. I haven't ran forever. I did miss that alot. Maybe someday I'll pick that up again.