State Testing...

Well, its that time of year where our kids go through the State Testing...During this time, I dont let them do anything like hanging out with their friends or go on the computer...is this too much or okay? To them it seems like a big deal especially to my son with his online game...
@horsesrule (1960)
It is not too much at all. We are really regulating my 7 1/2 year old's activities too during this testing time. These tests are very important. Especially as the kids get older but really for all ages. Online games can be way too distracting! It's only for another week so hopefully your son will survive without his game LOL!
My son's testing lasts for about I think 2 weeks. He better survive it! It's like he plays it 24/7 on the weekends! So I talked to him and told him that testing is very important for next year for him because he is going to middle school. He's doing good in school but I just want to make sure that he does excellent on the test anyway. Thank you for responding! =)
@nelly5 (1425)
My two oldest are testing this week, my youngest did his testing last week. I don't limit them from still having fun and playing with friends or playing on the computer, outside of school hours. I do make sure they get enough sleep. I also make sure they get up early enough so that they don't have to rush around in the morning, because I know that when I start out with a rushed morning it just seems to make the entire day seem messed up. I also make sure they eat a well balanced breakfast. Most mornings they prefer to eat cereal or pop tarts, but not this week, I will be cooking a well balanced meal all week. I wish your kids the best of luck. =)
I know that they should have a well balanced breakfast and have good sleeping hours. But I still limit them even though they are against the whole idea of me not allowing them to hang out with friends. My daughter thinks it's torture because her state testing lasts for the whole month of May. And I told her that she cannot, under any circumstances, hang out with friends or go on the computer. My son however is obsessed with his online game and if I don't let him play it for one day he'll break out and cry. But after state testing is over, they can have fun again. Thank you for responding though. =)