Does your kids cope with school well?

@Neriz69 (1042)
My second child is so small that her height is that of a 9 yr old, but she's actually 11yrs old. She's also finding it hard to cope with regular classroom set up. She's also very shy and timid and hardly talks in school. Until I discovered this school which is modular in set up. Teaching is individualized, kids study at their own pace. They can be behind their lessons on other subjects, but they can also excel in other subjects. My kid changed dramatically from an average grade of 77-79 to an average grade of 87. It's a non graded school (but they can convert it to a grade if you decide to transfer your kid to another school), and it's perfect for kids that the regular school brand as slow learner. So if you think that your child may be a slow learner, then you might want to switch your kid to a non graded, modular type of education system. What do you think?
this sort of set up sounds like it wold suit a gifted child as well. I feel that my daughter is being held back by her classmates as she says it is boring as they have to keep going over the same things all the time. Pity we don't have any schools like that in this country.
@Neriz69 (1042)
Exactly, if your child is a gifted one, then she may not have to wait for her classmates, she can go on with her next lesson and finish ahead of them. You might want to ask around say your Department of Education.
it does sound good but the only way I think I could get that sort of education for my children is by paying for it.
If we look the histories of many geneous people they were short in hight,very careless and bad looking in the class.Now the all world respect them.Ramanujan,an Indian Mathematician,was hated by all students and teachers.In all exams he will fail except for mathematics(pass with 100% marks).
@Neriz69 (1042)
thank you for enlightening me that height is not all that important. What is important is that my child is doing well and coping.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
This sounds like it worked out great for you. I am glad that your child is doing well. I hope she keeps it up. My daughter was raised to be strong in all ways. People will talk and tease you no matter what. you will not be liked by all. My daughter loves school. She has lots of friends and is very out spoken. She has good grades. I have friends that have their children in religous schools and they are doing well. I think the system you use to educatate your child is one that needs to be taylored to the child. I think there is a place for all to learn.
@Neriz69 (1042)
Your right, I think what is important is when faced with problem like mine is really look for ways to help the child cope. I happy that you have raised your child well. I hope that I can raise my children well too.
I have a teenager that is extremely shy, and we're going to counseling because of it. He's currently going to the local school district here, and they have tended outcast him from the regular kids at school. It's to the point where he wants to transfer to another school, any ensight to this would be greatly appreciated.