Moral Obligations

Are you morally obligated to help control someone elses actions? Say a friend of yours is going to make a bad choice, are you morally obligated to stop them? Or do you say its their fault and let whatever happens to them happen?
@bowtieguy (5927)
I am responsiable for my action and mine alone, I do like to think that I have a hand in helping or guiding those towards a lawful decision, and can only hope they take it to heed.
No way are you morally obligated to stop them and honestly if they're really determined to go through with it I don't know how you COULD really stop them! I think it's very important to be honest with friends, though, and I would consider it my obligation to explain my feelings about what they're doing. In the end it's their responsibility and their mistake to make for themselves but it never hurts to talk to them about it!
@magikrose (5423)
As a friend I feel I need to give my opnion to themabout what they are doing but then I also know that they are an adult and they have a brain to make decissions for themselves.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
i believe as adults we all have the same rights to make our own mistakes as each other. All we can do as friends is advise, to stop them making what you see as a mistake is taking away their integrity. At the end of the day you and your friends have to be allowed to make their own mistakes blessed be
@mrsbrian (1951)
I dont think you are morally obligated to help them,but if I had a true close friend I would try to help them all I could if it was something that was not illegal. Sometimes thats when a friend needs you the most,maby they dont realise what they are about to do is not a good thing to do and a close friend may be able to talk them around to a different view.