New Theory on why Itachi killed the Uchiha Clan

@Ysera324 (237)
Ok.. Here it goes.. I have a theory that maybe Itachi killed the Uchiha Clan so that he can gain entrance to the Akatsuki organization. What do you think? Is this theory plausible?
@shun14 (59)
no not really i think he killed his clan to prove his strenght besides i would do the same if my family is a powerful as the uchihas ^_^
@Ysera324 (237)
Would you really kill your own family to prove your strength? Look at Haku and Kimimaro. They were strong in their own right and what happened to them? Kimimaro was locked up in a cell for most of his childhood. Haku grew up abandoned until Zabuza found him. Strength is nothing compared to loneliness.
@shun14 (59)
i would definitely do that cause i want to prove my self..
lol. and i also think i read it somewhere that itachi thought the uchiha clan was getting weaker, relying on the reputation of the clan rather than improving their skills. no relevance to the post.. but you know? he noticed they started getting weaker and he snapped i guess
@ddnj2006 (652)
From some forums i read.. Itachi killed his entire clan because it is a treat. He don't want Madara to get any sharingan from anyone after his revival. For Itachi couldn't beat up Uchiha Madara so he want to use sasuke for it. And after sasuke would become stronger, sasuke would use his sharingan to control the kyuubi inside of naruto and kill Madara. For Madara is known as the strongest shinobi and most evil as well.
@Ysera324 (237)
Now that, is indeed possible.
I personally think that he did it to gain the MS and thats it... Although I think he had an informant (Orochimaru) that wanted him to gain the MS so he could take Itachi's body.
@Ysera324 (237)
Um, I thought he killed his best friend to get MS... That's what he told Sasuke but Sasuke didn't want to follow in Itachi's steps. He didn't need to kill his entire clan to get it.
that was really informative... did you read that in the manga? i'd like to read the manga but can't find anything before chapter 187 or there about. i'd like to have the power, but would fight the madness though.
@Ysera324 (237)
I used to read the manga. In fact I'm still ahead of the Shippuden episodes being aired today.. But I stopped when Shippuden started because knowing what's going to happen is spoiling the fun for me.
i don't think so..maybe he killed the Uchiha clan because he doesnt want people around him who surpasses his powers..too bad
@Ysera324 (237)
I don't think ANYONE in the Uchiha clan, or any other clan for that matter, surpassed Itachi..