I finally

figured out how to change my avatar LOL LOL . This is Rickycatcoon , she is the one that is constantly having kittens .... She can be a B***** !!!! She is a good MOM though its the only time she is nice .... She just had her biggest litter , Sunday ..... This time she had five ..... I feel so bad I don`t know what to do , cause one of the kitties is deformed , its back paws are both back wards . Should I have it put down ???? So far it seems healthy , its eating and moving just like the others . I just worry about how it will survive when its older . I seen on Maury there was a dog born with no front feet and it gets up and walks , I wonder after seeing this could this kitty survive if I had a cart to put under its back legs ???? What do you think ???? Or would I be torturing the poor thing ????
@Calais (10900)
Gee this is a hard one because, You say that your cat is constantly having kittens, then this is the start of more deformitis to come. I dont know the history but cats should only have 2 litters a year maximum. Each litter therefore after will be less than perfect.c The mothers body needs to have a rest, she is not passing on any good genes, you'll start to get more cleft palletts and bone deformations if she has more kittens. Put this kitten down if you dont have the time and patience to look after it all its life.
Yea I don`t know what to do either , I am going to talk to a vet Friday ans see what they suggest . I do worry about more being born deformed . So for now I will just keep an eye on the little guy/girl and see if its OK . Thanks for sharing your opinion with me I am scared for the little thing ...
@Calais (10900)
I think you know in your heart what they are going to tell you. Good Luck with it anyway. Sorry about before I didnt mean to sound so harsh, but I have seen this before. Why dont you get your girl spayed ? It would be better for her health.
@Calais (10900)
Thank you for Best Response.
@ElicBxn (60892)
Take the baby to the vet, it might not be much, or can be corrected with some massaging to help put it in the right way. Remember that kitten in Denver that had deformed back feet & learned to walk on her front paws. If they don't know any different they learn to cope.
@ElicBxn (60892)
Ronnie - Our pretty Ronnie (semi-feral)
your ricky looks like my ronnie - why don't you get her fixed, by the by? I find it makes them nicer.
Yes Ronnie does look like Ricky , I have been wanting to get her fixed , but she is constantly pregnant . The last litter was still feeding off her when she got pregnant ... Otherwise she would have been done ....
@gabs8513 (48714)
If it is healthy and not in Pain it will learn to live with it so please give the poor thing a Chance Sweetie you will be amazed how they learn to live with things When it is a bit older take it to the Vet and see what they say but I am sure it will be ok Well done on changing your Avatar lol
Thanks she is the MOM , I think I am just gonna watch the poor thing and see how its doing , Friday I see a vet Friday to get Zues his shots so I will see what the Vet says .... Thanx for responding ....
@katty0004 (387)
can you work with its little paws maybe like a therapy for it . That might help since its not to old yet .
Excellent idea that might work , I`ll give it a shot and let you know ... Thanx for the suggestion ...
@lisagayle (395)
I believe that the cat would have a good quality of life if you got it a "wheelchair" ther are alot of animal that have good loving owners who cannot see the good in putting an otherwise healthy animal down, consult your vet when the kitten get a little older. If it is in good health otherwise, find a way to get it a "wheelchair" made for cats.
Thats what I`m thinking , thanks for supporting the idea , I was wondering if it would be cruel ... Many people I`ve talked to seems to say the same thing ....