Would you sue a family member?

@kynni204 (2031)
My cousin is sueing her mom. She slipped and fell on her stairs and broke her ankle. I dunno if I would do that. That is a bit extreme. My goodness this is her mom for goodness sakes. I cant see myself sueing any family member. Can you?
@34momma (13895)
Damn right i would! i don't play games with money. if you ask to borrow money then i expect you to pay it back. My grandmother use to say to us when we were little " Never let anyone borrow more then you are willing to give away." i know i can give you $20, but anything over that you better believe i am getting out my pen and paid and you are going to sign a promisary note! cause i will met you at Judge Judy!!
@kynni204 (2031)
Girl u are a trip!! U would actually sue ur mom? U are like my mom if you borrow a penny she is writing it down
@34momma (13895)
would i saw my mother, yep. if she asked to borrow money, and didn't pay it back i would. that it is why it's so important to ask for what you want. if you want me to give you money then say that, if you want to borrow money then that means you are paying it back. that's why i make sure i listen when it comes to folks asking me questions about money
@kynni204 (2031)
Thats something else, If that was the other way around my mom would be sueing me.I owe her over 20 thousand dollars. I am thankful for her she has gotten out a plenty of messes.... I plan on paying her back every penny
@Stiffler07 (1356)
Hell no, your cousin is jumping out the window with that one. It could have happend to anyone, even her mother. I believe no one is to blame. To answer your question, no I would not sue family:-)
Oh, just read 34Momma's response, & believe me ....SHE WOULD IN A NY MINUTE!!!
@kynni204 (2031)
thats funny
@charms88 (7541)
Did your cousin's mom have to do with why your cousin fell from the stairs? This might what triggered your cousin to sue her. Otherwise, I find it ridiculous that a daughter will sue her own mom. There can be a lot of reasons for her to do so. Try to talk with your cousin about it.
@kynni204 (2031)
I will ask her, I think she is upset with her mom because her mom sued a doctor and cleared 3 million and only gave her 5 thousand.
@charms88 (7541)
There seems to be some internal problems going on between your cousin and her mom. I hope all will be straighten out in the end.
@rodeotexas (1154)
That's horrible and not a good reason to sue a family member. I wouldn't sue my family members for anything or at least I can't see myself doing so.
@kynni204 (2031)
me either
@amydawn11 (906)
no, I don't think i could ever do that. I would never do it to my own mother that is for sure. That is really sad, her mom must be really upset, she probably already felt bad that her daughter fell and now she is sueing her, wow.
@kynni204 (2031)
exactly, Im sure she didn't want to see her daughter get hurt
@PsychoDude (2018)
• Netherlands
By any chance, did this happen in America? :P I definitely won't sue my mom over this, hell if I would slip on a bunch of stairs and break my ankle I wouldn't sue anybody. Like you'd get anything out of it here anyways. I wonder though if in countries like the US where you can sue pretty much everybody for pretty much everything you could also sue the city if you would fall on the street and break something, for them not having done their best to prevent it with in example grip tiles :P.
@kynni204 (2031)
I agree, It is way to easy to sue here in America. Although here in Michigan the passes a law that if you get hurt on the job, as long as the company pays for medical u can't sue. My husband broke wrist at work , they say he does not have a case. I think it would be hard to sue the city, we have many potholes here, it is awful
@wachit14 (3600)
Maybe her mother agreed to allow her to sue her so she can collect money from the insurance company. My mother was in a car accident while her friend was driving and she ran a red light. As a result, my mom sustained injuries and she sued her friend. She got money from her insurance company and she was able to remain friends with her any way.
@kynni204 (2031)
Yeah maybe that is it, but I am unsure if she has insurance
Oh no I don't think I could see myself sueing my family without good enough reason... exspecally my mother over slipping on the floor... things happen.. do they have a good relationship...? usually those who don't get along seem to battle most of the time
@kynni204 (2031)
I thought they got along pretty well..could have fooled me? Oh well.. People usually fool the heck out of me. So why should this surprise me
@TriciaW (2441)
That is awful. I wouldn't sue a family member either. Maybe her mom should go back and charge her for groceries she gave her all her life or all those taxi rides she had to give her. I would be upset at a family member that sued another and probably would say something to them. To me that is just wrong. Her mom???? Just wrong.
@kynni204 (2031)
Hello!!! say it again...Give me back the money for all of the food I bought u.
@bad1981 (799)
Nope, I wouldnt do that to my family...unless they did something to my stuff that they didnt care about and just blew off. If they did something not nice and screwed me over then id be done with them.