Your kids...and their chores

Almost everyone assigns chores to their kids, but do you make them do their chores on school days when they come home after school? For me, I wait until the weekend for them to do their chores. Because during school days they're already crammed with homework to do. All I want them to do is to focus on school work on school days.
@KissThis (3006)
My children do their chores as to when the need to be done. They maintain their rooms during the week. Which basicly means they make sure their laundry is put into the hamper. My children help do their laundry. We normally do it on Sundays so its not a problem. My children put away the dishes once a day. Normally they will do this before they go to school. I don't believe that if they do little chores throughout the week that it will hurt my childrens schooling. It teaches them responsibilty. Neither my partner or myself get to just go to work. We have things at home that we must do when we get off of work. I think that it is important to teach this to our children as well.
I as well think that they should maintain a clean room but they have other chores like helping me clean the house like dishes and dusting the furniture. I tell them that they can do that during the weekends. But they most definatley have to keep their room clean. They always have friends over on the weekends and they also need to know where their things are so that they don't keep asking me. Especially since it's their room! HAHA LOL! Thank you =)
@lenapoo (678)
I believe that chores is a way of teaching children responsibility. I am a sahm so most of the day I spend cleaning up after my two toddlers, but my step daughter is school age and when she leaves in the morning she never seems to do anything that looks like she put forth an effort to clean her room. So when she gets home in the afternoon she completes her homework an then she has to make up her bed, pick up her clothes off the floor in the bathroom and in her room, put up her clothes that are clean and that is about it. Other than that she doesn't have anything to do. I want them to grow up to be responsible adults so I give them specific chores that they have to complete whether it is a school day or not. It's just a part of life in our house.
My children have assigned chores that I want them to do but some of them include washing dishes and I understand that they have school work to complete so I allow them to do that before they do any chores. If they finish it early I will ask them to do their assigned chores and as for cleaning the room, I always want them to have a neat and tidy room because they usually have friends over during the weekends. They should also have a neat and tidy room so that they can make sure that they know where everything is and it's easier for them in the morning before they leave for school because they know where everything is. Thank you! =)