home birth!

@nurhoney (1123)
I know there are many type of how or places people want to give birth...the common is at the hospital...some are at home...some do other rituals like the water birth. I was suppose to give birth at the hospital but when I was on labor, I didnt want to go anywhere coz it hurts already so we decided to give birth at home...I had a midwife (i had done my regular check-up with her aside from my doctor...she is experienced and also our over-all municipal midwife, so it wasnt scary at all) It wasnt so bad at all but I know I took some risk there when I choosed the home birth. My hubby now wants me to have labor at the hospital coz he doesnt want to take risk anymore. Which kind of labor have you tried? Are you willing to try other ways in giving birth?
@lafavorito (2970)
Wow you must be really brave to choose home birth, eventhough I have high tolerance on pain I still don't believe I can give birth at home. I looked over the picture you attached and it looks like it hurt a lot. When I was pregnant I was paranoid over slight pain I felt and would often send a text message to a OB right away to ask her if I should go to the hospital soon. More often than not she would tell me to observe if the pain increases then I should see her but if the pain subsides then there is no reason for me to panic. The reason for this paranoia of mine was because I was afraid to go into labor while I'm at home and worse give birth at home.
@nurhoney (1123)
it was kinda scary but i just have to be strong about it...i was really excited to see my son so the pain didnt matter much to me...thanks for sharing.
@maximax8 (27048)
I had my first baby 12 years ago at home. I had a water pool and it was a lovely birth. It was so relaxing and I got excellent care from two kind midwifes. I am currently 37 weeks pregnant. I have been planning another home birth. I have even bought a birth pool in a box. I had a very bad shock though last week. I found out my baby has spina bifida. I still very much want a home birth. I hate hospitals and feel very upset when in one. I have a wonderful book that strongly supports home births. Water is so relaxing. It is the ideal way to give birth.
@nurhoney (1123)
Yeah, I have read about your discussion...so sorry to hear about your baby...i just think, home birth for you in your case is not that good...just try to have it at the hospital...you dont want to risk this chance...GOD BLESS.
@Gemmygirl1 (2871)
I have to admit that i feel safer in a hospital - i had a C Section but if i'd had a natural birth i would have had it in a hospital no matter what. I guess it's because if anything did go wrong, all the equipment that would be needed would be on hand. As safe as home births are, there's always a risk that the baby may be too big - if it's too big then an emergency C Section may be required - this happened to my friend, she was 4 week early but he was still too large to be delivered naturally (funny thing was, he was smaller than my daughter)- she was also informed she could never give birth naturally & an emergency C Section cant be done in the home. I think i'll just stick with the hospitals thank you :)
@nurhoney (1123)
it just really depends on what the physicians recommend to you coz they basically know whats best for you...and true, hospitals do have the equipments when you need it in emergencies...thanks for sharing.
I had a home birth and it was wonderful. It was not very messy either. I would only give birth in a hospital if I had to. Don't forget that there are also birth centers which are in between hospitals and home births. Homebirths are usually safe if all of your appointments point in the right direction and you do not have any high risks.
@nurhoney (1123)
thats nice...thanks for sharing.
@mememama (3077)
I had a hospital birth but didn't really like the experience with meddling nurses after I gave birth, so I might have a homebirth if I get pregnant again.
@nurhoney (1123)
I cant say that I suggest home birth for you coz you still need to ask your physicians advice on that...I had a midwife's advice just in case I want a home birth and she said that it was safe for me to have home birth so I went for it...thanks for sharing.
@eden32 (3978)
I support women's right to choose where they wish to birth. The studies done on the subject show overwhelmingly that home births (for healthy low risk pregnancies) are just as safe, if not safer than hospitals. Many hospital practices are about managing labor & birth. And those practices can cause a chain reaction of needing more & more interventions in a labor that was normal to begin with. Each of those interventions carry their own risks. If your home birth went well and your not a high risk mother, it sounds like another home birth would be a great option for you.
@nurhoney (1123)
really? i didnt had any complications or interventions whatsoever...thank GOD!...I was up and doing my normal day to day stuff after 2 days...thanks for sharing.