Do you get annoyed: Page Will Only Open With Internet Explorer?

@callarse1 (4793)
I have visited pages that say "Warning: This page will only open with Internet Explorer. If you are using Firefox, Opera, or Safari, please close it and try with Internet Explorer". Have you ever seen these warnings? I seem to get them with some pages. It is highly annoying as I don't like to use Internet Explorer. Plus, many times when I do open IE to view the page, it takes forever to load. Then, the page will have errors or something like that. I am not sure why pages are made to be only viewed by Internet Explorer. What are your views on pages that open only with Internet Explorer? Do you get annoyed, happy, or are indifferent? Would you no longer visit the page if it were only IE compatible? Thanks and I cannot wait to see your answers. Pablo
Are you using Firefox? If so, check out the IE tab extension. Here, see this article I've written. http://hubpages.com/_lww/hub/8FavFirefoxExtensions
I know that. But that extension is useful because it saves quite a few steps. If you use it often enough, it is very helpful.
You do not need to install it if it is not useful to you. But if you want to clear your whatever rubbish without exiting the browser... can you appreciate this extension better?
@callarse1 (4793)
OH! I totally understand now. If you don't want to install the extension then you can go to Tools and then Select Clear All Privacy Data now, or you can push the control alt delete together (that is the quick way to do it according to the Mozilla Menu). I was reading in PC World that one shouldn't install too many extension on Firefox or it will make the browser sluggish to upload. Have a nice day. Pablo
@windhair (498)
I seldom use IE now, only if there are pages only can be view properly in IE, there is a extension for firefox to open pages using IE. This is the only way I know at present. You can get this extension easily from Firefox extension site.
@callarse1 (4793)
Oh, yea I forgot about their extensions and add-ons. What is the add-on called? I will have to search for it because as you know I don't like using IE too much and those warnings are annoying. Thanks a lot Pablo
@windhair (498)
IE Tab, that is the name of the extension. It does not work in Linux obviously.
@callarse1 (4793)
Thanks windhair, I wasn't exactly sure what it was called, now I will download it. Thanks a lot. Pablo
@healwell (1268)
• Ahmedabad, India
In India Internet Explorer is inbuilt with windo 98 or xp or window proffesional: and its monopoly now harassing the people: Some time it is affecting when you are working on net and browser will not work properly, rather checking the overall system regarding pyracy. And if you use another browser this kind of instructiona are coming: It means the monopoly still remains after so much new things are developed in this field! Let us wait and watch what happens now and onward!
@callarse1 (4793)
Thank you, yes you are right. And if we want to run "Windows Update" we MUST use Internet Explorer. I am not sure how some people deleted IE because it is a big monopoly like you were saying, we are forced to use it in many occassions :( Pablo
Yea, i get pretty worked up when that happens. I wish they would put up a plug in for that on mozilla.
@callarse1 (4793)
Yes, thank to users I searched in their extensions and I found the direct link. di1indilin, you can download the extension at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419 It seems pretty cool so I will let you all know what I think. Pablo
might be they have ActiveX on their site?? For you to be able to download, authenticate, install and display ActiveX controls, your browser should be properly configured for it. ActiveX is already built in on IE browsers while on other browsers, an activeX plugin needs to be installed.
@callarse1 (4793)
Yes, divinister, that is what I was thinking, the website probably has ActiveX that is only for IE browser, but as some users on here were saying you can get an extension to run IE browser in Firefox which is very nice. Have a nice day. Pablo
• New Zealand
In this day and age that is really poor design if you make a website that will only work in one type of browser. You are really limiting your market. I don't bother with sites that are built like this.
@callarse1 (4793)
Yes, I try to avoid them as well because they should allow other web browsers to use their site. Have a nice day. Pablo
@Norstar (695)
This is not good. One should have a choice. I have not come across any message like this. But I understand that IE is not very popular now. May be due to its slow speed. This kind of message may be because you are using MS OS and MS may be sending this kind of suggestion to you for your good.
@callarse1 (4793)
Perhaps that is it, but I am doubting it. I think it depends on the page developer, right? It happens from time to time, especially on survey sites. The surveys will come up "Warning.." and I have had a view commercial website say that as well. I thought it was annoying as I don't like using IE.