Here's one woman who is telling it like it is...in her opinion! in a letter!

@Lakota12 (42684)
ok I will probably get alo of flack from this one but I think it hits a lot of spots of all peoples! Written by a housewife from New Jersey and sounds like this is one POed off lady. "Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001? Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania? Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they? And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet...Well, I don't. I don't care at all. I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11. I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia. I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat. I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques. I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs. I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights. In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care. When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured: I don't care. When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank: I don't care. When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts: I don't care. And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and -you guessed it: I don't care!!!! If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your e-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior! If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you choose the latter, and then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great country! And may I add: "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem." Ronald Reagan I have another quote that I would like to add AND.......I hope you forward all this. "If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." also by... Ronald Reagan One last thought for the day: In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America, he said: "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in. . . And how many want out." Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ 2. The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET BOTH OF THEM. AMEN!
@MsTickle (24991)
I don't think this lady is necessarily POed. I think she is passionate about the dreadful consequences of this war. There are troops from many countries fighting away from home and away from loved ones. Some will return deeply traumatised by what they have experienced, all will be changed people in some way or another. While I don't believe in it I think it must continue because we will be sitting ducks, all of us, if our troops leave. These people are uncivilised and brainwashed and they want to destroy the western world. And if we don't fight them, be sure they will destroy us. They will bring their atrocities and suffering into our lives...it doesn't bear thinking about. God bless our troops and thank you from my heart.
@Lakota12 (42684)
yes it is all so true and Our guys wont come home till they stop killing one another they have been told to stop killing each other and come to terms with each other and get their Government going right and we will pull out but they arent listening!
@creematee (2810)
WOW! That woman hit the nail right on the head, didn't she? If you don't mind, I'm going to copy and email it to everyone in my address book. I think it's something we should all think about. Thank you for sharing!
@Lakota12 (42684)
your welcome and yes you can email it
@meme0907 (3481)
Hey LKo, The ending of that letter was totally cool-I Loved it. I could feel her passion & anger as I read & hopefully our troops will be outta there very soon. +'s 2 U :D
@twils2 (1821)
I would like to Thank You for posting this. I hope that everyone that reads this remembers why we are in iraq. Something else that you never hear in the press is that we have not been attacked on our own soil since we went to afganastan and iraq. Those that remember 911 wasnt the first time they attacked the world trade center. Take care!!
Thank you for posting such a deadful reminder of what is going on in our world. I pray every night that God will help mankind to find peace and to stop all the atrocities in His name. There is only one God Almighty and I don't care what name you choose to call him so do not use Him as an excuse for your dirty deeds.
@KrisNY (7593)
Amen to that! I’ve seen this before and it affected me the same way this time too- I say “I don’t care” right along with this woman! SO many of our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives are fighting for our freedom- Let’s honor them and not say ignorant things about the war. My brother is one of them- Sure he would rather be in Kansas with his wife and 3 kids- but he is in Iraq- It’s his duty and he is Proud! I’m sick of hearing all the negative- show us some positive things coming out of Iraq! Loved this and will forward it on- (copy paste into e-mail). Thank you!
@tigerdragon (4297)
hahaha! one poor soul in torment. she does not have to take all of these crap on her back. she has issues of her own and she does not want to accept it that is why most people who are angry about the world and what is happenning are afraid to face reality.they are people who does not believe that one person doing the right stuff could make a difference .these are people who always complains about everything and doesn't want to do anything about it but talk just like dogs who barks.these are couch potatoes with bad news on their hands (newspapers and cnn).