Do your family have any rituals or habits?

@babykay (2133)
Ireland
I hear some families have family traditions, like always taking a holiday same week, same place each year. Others get their photo taken at the same tree each Christmas. I have heard of families with a wall devoted to pencil marks of each child's height? What are your family's rituals.
@teenal (970)
My mum used to always make me get up early on the first day of summer (May 1st) and wet my face with the morning dew from the grass whilst saying Rabbits Rabbits Rabbits. Its supposed to help you retain your youthfull look and bring luck for the year. I told them about it in work last week and a few actually did it. I can just imagine any onlookers seing them in their gardens spreading dew on their faces and rabbiting away!.
@babykay (2133)
sounds like a throwback to ancient Celtic Pagan times!
@babykay (2133)
@diillu (5128)
My family rituals are like this: * After a long time of not seeing relatives then we are not allowed to see that relatives in the duration of nine days,nine weeks,nine months and nine years. * We are not allowed to go out of a town,country in the saturdays. * We are not allowed to meet after long interval of time in tuesday. * We are not allowed to cut nails,hairs in the day we were born.
@babykay (2133)
interesting customs in your family diilu
One ritual is getting together with my husbands family christimas eve and spending christmas with my family. We also try to spend holidays together with our daughter and her in-laws. I have a standing date on Fridays to have lunch with two friends they are not families but we have been doing this for a few years. It is so much fun to get together.