In Your House.....

@Modestah (11192)
What do you consider to be the most important room in a house? What is it about this room that makes it more important to you than any other room? for me I would say it is the combination kitchen dining room. it seems to be the heart of the house for us. We all gather together for our meals. When I am cooking everyone wants to be right there with me (under foot I might add! even the dog and cat, hehe) the aromas give us pleasure, the anticipation - all of it. The oven gives us warmth in the winter. And around the table, we say our prayers to the same God beseeching for blessings and thanking for benefits received. When we are all together in the kitchen and dining room, life's worries seem all that less significant - we catch up on eachother's projects and goings on - and have a good opportunity to support each other in our endeavors and concerns.
the kitchen.we get in there and yack while i'm cooking.about the only room the whole family will hang out in..they usually go to their separate rooms for the remainer of the day. my cats hang out in there too-trying to see what's to eat,and can they have some LOL
@Modestah (11192)
lol, yep. The Cats, dogs, children and husband - I think they all hang out in the kitchen when I am cooking for the same purpose! well the animals know I am bound to drop something - the others just want hand outs.
@Rickrocks8 (1751)
I would say that it is my kitchen ~ great room. It's very open and can fit alot of people. THat is the big hang out in our house.
@Woodpigeon (3710)
My bedroom is the happiest place n my house. I onlymanage to get there once everything else is done, so once I enter the room I know my worries and day's burdens are behind me. We will often watch a film together at the end of the day, so it is a nice way to wind down with everyone relaxed, relaxing, and in a good mood.
@ladyljs (1303)
Everything happens in our kitchen/dining/great room. Cooking, eating, tv watching, homework and sometimes sleeping (me on the couch late at night LOL!) I seldom use my bedroom, and it has actually become the sleeping quarters for guests.
@misheleen73 (6037)
In my house, it would be my room. My computer is in there and I'll be in the room, my hubby , my kids all congregating on my bed. My eldest says he loves my room because it's big and my bed is soft. I told him he just got a new bed, and he laughs and says he just likes to be with us. We all snuggle in my bed and watch TV or one of the kids uses the computer, etc. My room tends to be the "hang out" spot.
@lonely_f16 (2147)
it's of course my bedroom because it's for my privacy and it's where my computer is.
@carlaabt (3505)
I would say the living room is the most important room in my house. I have a 15 month old son, and besides his bedroom, that is the safest room for him to play in. All of the cabinets are locked. The only door he can open is to one side of the coffee table, where he likes to store his treasures. :) We can sit in there and relax on the couch and watch TV, or we can sit at the table (we have a combo living/dining room). We play games in the floor with the baby, and we make obstacle courses for the baby to go through. If we have company, the living room doubles as a guest room and people sleep on the couch.