I've been married to him for 12 yrs and I'll never understand him!

My husband the mystery. He's a big, strong, intimidating looking man who is definitely a "mans man" I adore him. Can't help myself. We have two male blue heelers but the kids and I have been trying to talk my hubby into another puppy. He has been saying NONONO! for as long as we have been asking. Then this evening my hubby and I went to the trash dump station and afterwards we decided to take the long way home. Actually, he decided to take that route. We were almost to the house when he stopped at a farm and asked the man there about his beagle puppies. I thought he was going to humor me and let me hold a few puppies to get it out of my system. He's done that before. Instead, he picked out a puppy, paid the man and told me that this new baby is to be named "TOBY" and he gets to carry him in the house and introduce him to the kids and dogs! That man has been grinning ever since we walked through the door! Not only that, but he has been baby talking to Toby! Toby is 8 weeks old. He is soooo cute! But it's my hubby that I think is adorable! He never ceases to amaze me!
@tammyr (5969)
• Etowah, Tennessee
LOL Just when you think you have them figured out, they go and do something like that! LOL I know everyone has a tender side though, even if it never shows!
Every now and then he throws me a curve ball and I think, "Who are you and what have you done with my husband?" LOL! But the baby talk? I had to walk out of the room to keep from laughing in front of him! I have NEVER seen him do that before! Gotta love him! :)
that was so nice of him! how sweet. maybe he teased you for so long so that you would yearn for a puppy even more. then when he got you and the kids wanting a pup so badly, thats when he decided to surprise you. i love it that guys can be so stong and macho like, but deep inside, they know, and we know, that they can have the softest hearts. i think all guys have this wonderful quality, it just takes time for it to show. your husband sounds like my husband. i have been begging for a camcorder for a few months now. my husband keeps telling me no because we have other things that we need to do that are much more important. i keep stressing to him that our babies (one is 1 1/2 years and the other is 3 weeks old) are growing right before our eyes, and we dont have any of their milestones recorded. i think it would be so nice to look back at the home movies and see those things. well, just last night he let me start browsing the web to pick one out. i am so extremely happy....then i remembered that mothers day is right around the corner. yes!!
Golly! You have your hands full! I love babies! It sounds like maybe we both have a macho man with an inner teddy bear! :) I hope you get that camcorder soon!
LOL - I've got a hubby sort of like that too! I'm glad you got your new baby Toby and I hope you enjoy both him and your hubby over him :) That sounds really sweet of him. Maybe you just wore him down :)
I don't know if I wore him down or not but it tickles me to no end that he's so sweet that way!
I know what you mean :)
@mystery5 (351)
Wow! Men will be men, won't they? That is what 'nice' men are like, I've seen more of them like that. They love throwing surprises your way, and I can picture the smile on his face as he brought the puppy home, they all look like that! Everyone has different ways of expressing their love, and this is one way which I know really works, lol.
He was grinning from ear to ear!
@carryli (876)
your husband is a coy man,i think.Usually,the man is strong ,he often a man who is not good at expression.You husband love you very,i believe.He will remember what you say,but he is never essentic.Your family is happy.
Thank you! That is such a nice thing to say! He is a good man and we are happy! :)
Its your husband I think is adorable,lolo, MEN, gotta love them!!!!!!!!!!! And you probably never will understand him, I've had mine for 43 years and don't understand him. I think their brains work different than ours.
43 years? WOW! I don't know who's cuter! My husband or the puppy! :)
Men can be like that. Gotta love 'em, eh? ;-) I know my guy does strange things like that now and then... when I think he's going to do one thing, he does something else. ;-) I'm glad your family got a new puppy.
Thank you. He's a good guy!