Famous person from your country

Vlad Tepes - Vlad Tepes the Romanian king that inspired Bram Stoker in creating his famous character "Dracula"
@stvasile (7317)
Romania
Who do you think is the most famous person from your country, someone who is recognized by people all around the world, who people associate with your country? (of all time, not just from the famous people which are still alive) I think the most famous character people all over the world associate to Romania is Bram Stocker's "Dracula", inspired by the medieval king Vlad Tepes. Am I right or do you think of someone else when you hear of Romania?
@Adamdog (254)
When I hear Romania I think of my countries northern neighbor and of course, of Dracula. Who hasn't heard of Dracula :) The most famous person in my country is the great Vasil Levski, he was a great man who fought for my country's freedom, while it was under the rule of the Ottoman Empire. Otherwise a person who is famous in the present is the footballer (now coach of Sevilla) Hristo Stoichkov. He has played in many famous clubs like Barcelona where he won the European Player of the year award (1994).
@stvasile (7317)
Everybody ho knows something about football and is more than 18 years old must have heard of Stoichkov! I am a bit confused though... You say that you are from Bulgaria, yet on your profile it says that you are from Chicago... Or you moved from Bulgaria to Chicago? As of the current occupation of Stoichkov... Sevilla's coach isn't Juande Ramos?? I find it hard to believe that Ramos was replaced by Stoichkov, because the team's results are very good...
@Adamdog (254)
Oops, I am sorry for the mistake, I must have been thinking about something else when I was writing my post. Not Sevilla but Celta. Yes, Ramos is a great coach, he has lead Sevilla to the Copa Del Rey final + the UEFA Cup Final and he also has a chance to win the La Liga. Sevilla has grown a lot under his guidence. And yes, the fact I that I am a Bulgarian in Chicago mustn't confuse you, I should have mentioned it earlier :) Sorry again for the misunderstandings :)
@mdchennai (2129)
Well, i think that it is our grandpa Mr. Mohandas Karamchan Gandhi. He was remembered, is remembered and will be remembered as one of the famour person in our country. Now talking about the one who is alive, then i will say it is our current president, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. He is not only our president but also an scientist of India :)
@stvasile (7317)
It's true that Ghandi is the most famous Indian ever. As of the living people... I've never heard of Dr. Kalam... sorry...The first name that pops into my mind is that of... Aishwarya Rai.
@limalimon (638)
• Mexico
in this moment i think Salma Hayek is the most mexican famous of the world. i dont know if out mexico, another mexican is more famous than salma hayek.
@stvasile (7317)
Rafa Marquez - Rafael Márquez Álvarez (born February 13, 1979 in Zamora, Michoacán) is a Mexican football player, specializing as both a center back and defensive midfielder, who is currently playing for FC Barcelona in the Spanish La Liga and for the Mexican national team as their team captain.
It's true... she might be the best known Mexican at this time. But for me, the first name that comes into my mind is that of Rafael Marquez:)
@coolmailraj (2461)
The most famous personality from India would be Late Mr.Mohandas Karamdhan Ghandhi. You can call him Gandhi or "Bappu" or anything esle you wish to. But I think that the world is wrong if they think that he really was a great personality.
@stvasile (7317)
Mahatma Gandhi - As a British-educated lawyer, Gandhi first employed his ideas of peaceful civil disobedience in the Indian community's struggle for civil rights in South Africa. Upon his return to India, he organized poor farmers and labourers to protest against oppressive taxation and widespread discrimination.
It is true, Gandhi is the first person that comes into my mind when I think of India. If he was or not a great personality, I cannot say, because I don't know so much about him or about the great people in the Indian history
Brangelina for the current. Of all time, I really am not too sure. There are a lot of them.
@stvasile (7317)
When I first read your response I had no idea who Brangelina is... But I finally got it in a minute or so... I don't think they are really so famous. George W. Bush's name, figure and actions comes to my mind before those of "Brangelina", even if he isn't such a positive example...
@miryam (6507)
WELL IN ITALY THERE ARE A MOST FAMOUSE PERSON EXèECIALY IN A PAST SOME LEONARDO, RAFFAELLO, COLOMBO,AND SO A ISTORY PERSON, NOW A FEW FAMOUSE ACTOR COMIC GRILLO, BENIGNI..... OR A SPORT MAN VALENTINO ROSSI, AND SO SOCCER PLAYER BUFFON DEL PIERO.....BUT I PREFER A STRANGE PERSON.......